Serial MFP Starters

Options
MaddieUnicornRainbow
MaddieUnicornRainbow Posts: 28 Member
edited August 2017 in Chit-Chat
Hey everyone, how many of you are "serial starters"? By this I mean former users of MFP that are now back on, and have done this repeatedly? For example, I had an MFP account for a few days, but had so many bad days with going over my calorie limit that I decided to start fresh and make a new account for a truly clean slate with sticking with my calorie limit. Any similar people out there?

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    YES!!

So I would get mad at seeing a "whatever # of days streak" and not having achieved whatever goal I had set for myself so I'd delete and make a new account.

Fresh start, like you said.

The only difference this time for me is that I found the forums and started participating and I figured I should leave my identity the same.

I'm ok with my failure more so now...it's kinda like I stopped lying to myself in a way.
  • MaddieUnicornRainbow
    Options
    @Vikka_V Omg, so glad to meet someone who was going through the same thing I am! This is my latest new account and I hope to stick to what I've set for my calorie limit for a week straight. Fresh start here I come!!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V Omg, so glad to meet someone who was going through the same thing I am! This is my latest new account and I hope to stick to what I've set for my calorie limit for a week straight. Fresh start here I come!!

You can do it!! I can to if I try hard enough!!

It is nice to see other people (struggle) with similar issues. Not that I wish a struggle for (most) people but it is humanizing!

The forums have helped me at least feel better about myself when I'm not perfect on my eating/exercising.

The people here give me hope and keep me company!

I'm like 200 days in and pretty stagnant in my goal...but it's a reality check at the same time!
  • MaddieUnicornRainbow
    Options
    @Vikka_V Being able to find someone to relate to so well in that regard is great! Feel free to add me. I just completed my public food diary. ;)
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    YES!!

So I would get mad at seeing a "whatever # of days streak" and not having achieved whatever goal I had set for myself so I'd delete and make a new account.

Fresh start, like you said.

The only difference this time for me is that I found the forums and started participating and I figured I should leave my identity the same.

I'm ok with my failure more so now...it's kinda like I stopped lying to myself in a way.

Oh, this makes so much sense now. You're better than Vikka_IV, but I hope we don't see a Vikka_VI.
  • patrick_star_trek
    patrick_star_trek Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I love cereal.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I love cereal.

I like the Wizard of Oz
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've had this account for what feels like forever... yet I keep starting over and over and over again... most of the time at a higher weight haha. Hopefully this time I can stick with it.
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say "repeatedly" but I rage quit once :neutral: and left another time thinking "I don't need mfp anymore, I got this down and can do it in my own!!".. I wasn't really trying to lose anymore weight by that point and I felt like I was just wasting time on here.. well I gained around 7lbs (I think) during that time so I came back. Yeah..

I think a lot of people do what you're describing, especially people who have been using mfp for a long time or those people who tend to stop-start with diet/healthy lifestyle. Only difference with me is I've kept the same name (minus some "_") because I have no creativity and I like it.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I think there are plenty of "Serial MFP Starters" but not necessarily for weight reasons. I think it's more because of the BS that goes on in these forums. People rage quit over drama or other nonsense then come back over and over "anonymously" as if no one knows who they are. It's pretty ridiculous and partly pathetic.

You seem a little bitter over it, calling them ridiculous and pathetic. Do these anonymous villains keep coming back to attack you?

Not at all. No one has ever "attacked" me to the point I'd quit only to come back 2 weeks later. I think I can hold my own. I don't let anyone bully me, especially on the internet. It was just an observation.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I think there are plenty of "Serial MFP Starters" but not necessarily for weight reasons. I think it's more because of the BS that goes on in these forums. People rage quit over drama or other nonsense then come back over and over "anonymously" as if no one knows who they are. It's pretty ridiculous and partly pathetic.

You seem a little bitter over it, calling them ridiculous and pathetic. Do these anonymous villains keep coming back to attack you?

Not at all. No one has ever "attacked" me to the point I'd quit only to come back 2 weeks later. I think I can hold my own. I don't let anyone bully me, especially on the internet. It was just an observation.

I think it was more of an opinion than an observation, but I'm a semantics guy. Good to hear you don't let the *kittens* get you down! :)

P.S. I think this is only the 2nd time we've ever interacted (in my reincarnations), so please don't think I'm out to get you.

ETA - Does anyone else just censor themselves by typing "kitten" now?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

I think it was more of an opinion than an observation, but I'm a semantics guy. Good to hear you don't let the *kittens* get you down! :)

P.S. I think this is only the 2nd time we've ever interacted (in my reincarnations), so please don't think I'm out to get you.

ETA - Does anyone else just censor themselves by typing "kitten" now?

Okay maybe it is my opinion. How dare I express that?!
    Honestly I'm not familiar with your reincarnations so I do not think you're out to get me and if you are, good luck with that. :p
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I've gone away for a time and come back, but kept the same account.
  • MaddieUnicornRainbow
    Options
    Interesting responses! Sounds like some people on here create new accounts due to drama on forums, as well as wanting to have a fresh start for a variety of reasons. For me, I created a new account because I like a clean slate when it comes to having good food diary days. Best of luck to everyone!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I don't make a new account..
    I just log off. Then come back later on in life. Been doing that since 2010 lol. This is my last time though. I don't change a thing either.
    I'm in it for the long haul. Bad days and all.

I'm the same way on Tumblr. I have a weight loss/fitness/health blog.. Also a book blog.. and my personal. I've gone though like 6 personal blogs. 3 weight loss blogs.. and only one book blog. I have commitment issues.
  • MaddieUnicornRainbow
    Options
    @lyssamichelle Good for you that you always come back! It sounds like you hit the pause button for a while when you need a break, and then come back. Good idea! Cool about how many social media platforms you have about weight loss/fitness!
  • MaddieUnicornRainbow
    Options
    I love cereal.

I like the Wizard of Oz

What does that have to do with the question I asked on my post?