649lbs and 3790 calories

Options
Does 3790 calories for a day seem like too much for a person of my size?

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it might be reasonable, but at your size weight loss is a life or death matter - see a Doc. you may need to go on a very strict program & get the weight off more quickly the person who is just overweight.
    See a Doc. We are not qualified to safely advise you.
    Are you able the move or exercise? At one hospital I worked I had bariatric patients that where your size - from 500 to 800 lbs . Most could not get out of bed. Eastcoast JIm
  • spagano8888
    spagano8888 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Had went to a hospital they said 2000. Went to doctor I believe she said 2500 calories... but she didn't calculate anything.... mfp says 3790, of course I like the higher number. I just don't know what number to use! They all say different things.
  • TracyV125
    TracyV125 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would suggest checking with your doctor as we don't know your medical history. All this journey takes is commitment and belief in yourself. Everyone here will help you along the way if you need encouragement. Eat at the calorie deficit that your doctor tells you and if your dr thinks you can exercise a bit, just take a walk. The more you do it the easier it gets. Congrats on your decision to get healthy! Wishing you the best in your journey!