APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    There have been a couple of studies which found it lowered blood glucose levels (nothing to do with weight loss). I tried it - no reason not to test it since I already had a jug, like the flavor, and am a diabetic. According to my blood testing monitor it had mixed effects, if any, not noticeable enough to be worth continuing.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Acv does nothing for your health. It does nothing for weight loss.
    Weight loss comes down to eating less than you burn.
    That said I like acv in some salad dressings. In particular acv is good in honey mustard dressing.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I like to soak (marinate) a pork butt in an Apple Cider Vinegar mix ;-)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    The only thing that kick starts the metabolism is getting off our backsides more and being active.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    rorobeanie wrote: »
    Take some every morning! It's not the most tasty but it can sure kick start you metabolism!

It doesn't affect metabolism but it does make a great salad dressing with olive oil and it does help a little with gut health in acidity of your stomach which is helpful. But it may rot your teeth - lol. It is no miracle food but it's prebiotic can be helpful. Basically it is a food not a supplement.
  • Skipjack66
    Skipjack66 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use it in salad dressings a lot. Also used in vegan baking! However I used it for a new method this week - catching fruit flies! We have been inundated with them. I filled a little bowl with ACV and put some Saran Wrap on top. I poked a couple of holes in the wrap (not too many) and set it on the counter. In the last 24 hours I've caught over 30 fruit flies! Woo hoo!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Skipjack66 wrote: »
    I use it in salad dressings a lot. Also used in vegan baking! However I used it for a new method this week - catching fruit flies! We have been inundated with them. I filled a little bowl with ACV and put some Saran Wrap on top. I poked a couple of holes in the wrap (not too many) and set it on the counter. In the last 24 hours I've caught over 30 fruit flies! Woo hoo!

I can't remember who it was on here who first mentioned this, but I tried it last night and it works like a charm.
  • shirgify
    shirgify Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use it for sore throats with success. Instantly soothes and burns out the bacteria. Plus I actually think it's delicious and my mouth is salivating right now.

*does shot
  • CapnVillainBLK
    CapnVillainBLK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use ACV on my beard. It basically resets my beard by stripping it of any oils, lotions, and balms I put on it during the week. That stuff stinks so bad, I can't imagine actually drinking it.