APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!

13»

Replies

  • Skipjack66
    Skipjack66 Posts: 102 Member
    Skipjack66 wrote: »
    I use it in salad dressings a lot. Also used in vegan baking! However I used it for a new method this week - catching fruit flies! We have been inundated with them. I filled a little bowl with ACV and put some Saran Wrap on top. I poked a couple of holes in the wrap (not too many) and set it on the counter. In the last 24 hours I've caught over 30 fruit flies! Woo hoo!

    I can't remember who it was on here who first mentioned this, but I tried it last night and it works like a charm.

    Mine are ignoring it.....pah.

    Perhaps you have to use the one which has 'the Mother'. (Oh god, I can't believe I just typed that. I've obviously bought into the ACV hype.)

    Actually, I do have the one that has the "mother". It's a weird way to say "unfiltered". Because that's all it is. And it's working like a charm. I just threw out the bowl (cuz yuck- 30 flies) and replaced with a new batch. We will see how many I catch today.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    edited August 2017
    I use the Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar drink once in a while for acid reflux/heart burn. It works good for that.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    I had tried it to try to reduce some inflammation I had. Unfortunately, it was too harsh on my teeth, even diluted. I like it, though!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Skipjack66 wrote: »
    I use it in salad dressings a lot. Also used in vegan baking! However I used it for a new method this week - catching fruit flies! We have been inundated with them. I filled a little bowl with ACV and put some Saran Wrap on top. I poked a couple of holes in the wrap (not too many) and set it on the counter. In the last 24 hours I've caught over 30 fruit flies! Woo hoo!

    Gotta try this for flies.

    I use ACV for diluting sauces and lowering the calorie count. Also for getting the last drop out of the bottle.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    rorobeanie wrote: »
    Thanks for the feed back everyone! That's unfortunate because I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way. It seems like weight loss is a religion now a days ! People believe in a lot of different things!
    Really? Even with the science presented to you?
    AnvilHead wrote: »

  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I'm on the ACV train...It's legit. It works--go for it!

    Please post proof.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    It works very well for heartburn, and is yummy when used to make pulled pork, but other than that, nope.....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    astrampe wrote: »
    It works very well for heartburn, and is yummy when used to make pulled pork, but other than that, nope.....
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I use the Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar drink once in a while for acid reflux/heart burn. It works good for that.

    If you have LOW stomach acid. There are people with high stomach acid (I'm one) where this is actually going to be painful.
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I use ACV on my beard. It basically resets my beard by stripping it of any oils, lotions, and balms I put on it during the week. That stuff stinks so bad, I can't imagine actually drinking it.

    If you want to do the same thing without the smell, get some citric acid and mix up a solution of that. Some groceries carry it in the canning aisle but it is easier to find it in stores that cater to home winemakers (or Amazon, of course).
    I use the Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar drink once in a while for acid reflux/heart burn. It works good for that.

    For some people. For others it makes their heartburn worse.