Rich people have better hair?

Options

Replies

• dweeben
    dweeben Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It makes a difference to my hair because it's curly. But expensive isn't always better! You have to test them out.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I usually have short hair but lately it's grown out into a bob and when it gets past chin-length I notice more how well or not well my shampoo & conditioner work. My hair is coarse, but thick & manageable. Pretty much any shampoo will make my hair clean & shiny. I just can't stand shampoos that build up in a short space of time (for me that's most Garnier, all Pantene & Suave) so I usually go with L'oreal, Desert Essence, or Paul Mitchell if I find it cheaper at TJ Maxx. The only conditioners that actually make my hair remotely soft are American Cream from LUSH (ridiculous price at almost $40, but the big bottle will last me for a year) and Desert Essence coconut (not terrible, around $10).

As for body wash, I only use Bath & Body Works. I think their store and products are about the silliest, cheesiest, and doesn't go with my personal style AT ALL but I am a daily bath person and I have a lot of issues with just about any other body wash/soap/gel irritating my um, lady garden. Ugh! Every once in awhile I'll buy something supposedly mild, including higher end like Korres or LUSH, and it burns! So back to B&BW for their ridiculous "sun dappled cherries and adequately hugged freesia marry together in a lush fragrance like a walk in the glowing autumn rain" :expressionless:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I use the Kerastase range, it's expensive but I'm all about the placebo effect. I only wash my hair once a week and condition it heavily because I surf everyday. I have a ton of hair, people are welcome to my sheddings :D

fs3n8jrn5hv7.gif

<3
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm Asian and have hair that dulls scissors. My hair is thick and shiny with NO hair care products except gel.
    Oh and I'm not rich either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • GlucoseKitten23
    GlucoseKitten23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sulfate and paraben free are the way to go when it comes to hair and body products. Sadly you give up all the sudsing and that squeaky clean feel but the stuff making that happen strips your hair and skin of moisture over time.
    I have my cosmetology license and get the salon products 1/2 off at supply stores but like to mix it up with the regular brands too because so many of them are putting out really great products these days.
    I've noticed bath and body works is jumping on the natural bandwagon with their body products lately too!
    This is my favorite salon quality and store brand products at the moment. They smell and work great <3qw7y562vpa5a.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Sulfate and paraben free are the way to go when it comes to hair and body products. Sadly you give up all the sudsing and that squeaky clean feel but the stuff making that happen strips your hair and skin of moisture over time.
    I have my cosmetology license and get the salon products 1/2 off at supply stores but like to mix it up with the regular brands too because so many of them are putting out really great products these days.
    I've noticed bath and body works is jumping on the natural bandwagon with their body products lately too!
    This is my favorite salon quality and store brand products at the moment. They smell and work great <3qw7y562vpa5a.jpg

Thank you for sharing, I LOVE hearing that someone "in the know" still goes for a few mainstream products too! Nice.

My husband and I both use Herbal Essences "Naked" cleansing conditioner from time to time and really like it. It's the only thing that has ever helped me to go 2 days w/o shampooing, and my husband's the type to just rinse his super short hair most days but the cleansing conditioner helps it stay balanced, it would seem.

• Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use Viviscal....it's a vitamin for hair, it's about $50 a month, and works well for me.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I think rich people have better hair, not because of hair products, but because they spend a fortune going to their hair dresser every week or two.
  • ShortRound82
    ShortRound82 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever I have coupons for, but tend to stay away from bar soap.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I use Viviscal....it's a vitamin for hair, it's about $50 a month, and works well for me.

At first I thought wow that is expensive but after reading up about some of their products I'm grateful you mentioned the company. What do you use and like?
  • ShortRound82
    ShortRound82 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing I have ever done for my hair is stop dying it. It is soo much healthier. I don't even blow dry it but maybe once a year.
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Cheap expensive, none of it matters when it's laced with chemicals. I have sensitive skin so I use organic which has expensive and cheap options but always leaves my hair nicer than the chemicals
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    I use dr bronner castile soap and it cleans hair and body . One bottle lasts a long time .
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I can't count how many different shampoos I've gone through, both cheap and expensive. Most cheap shampoo makes your hair feel nice but it's just the wax and the buildup is insane. I've yet to find a shampoo that works for my hair. As for body wash, I lucked(?) out on that. Sensitive skin and allergies leave me only able to use ivory and dove bar soap. Nothing scented, dyed or interesting in any way.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think they have better hair.
    So, I sold the Joico brand in the salon. The Joico k-pak is a really good reconstructor. And when I groomed show Afghans, we used Aussie 3 minute miracle, including the reconstructor.
    I used to use the Swave brand (Made by Helene Curtis) on myself. It was nice. And sometimes I used that shampoo for bubble bath.
    Right now I'm using on myself, and my mom, one I got from Costco, sold in a twin pack. The Tigi Bead Head Moisture Maniac. It's pretty nice.
    I can go to the beauty supply and purchase the so called best brands, in gallon quantity, but I don't.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I can't count how many different shampoos I've gone through, both cheap and expensive. Most cheap shampoo makes your hair feel nice but it's just the wax and the buildup is insane. I've yet to find a shampoo that works for my hair. As for body wash, I lucked(?) out on that. Sensitive skin and allergies leave me only able to use ivory and dove bar soap. Nothing scented, dyed or interesting in any way.

This reminded me of something they showed us in cosmotolgy school. They put the cheaper shampoo on spoon, the salon quality shampoo on another, lit a lighter under each. The cheaper one turned gross, waxy, black. The salon one stayed the same.