Dang, I feel old!

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I feel really old when anything like the MTV Video Music Awards or any other award show aimed at teens and young adults comes on and I only know about 5% of the "celebrities" that are there.

I feel old when this one starts talking about feeling old :smirk:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard that Elvis Presley died.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    owa1s wrote: »
    My childhood classmates that I sometimes see when I'm out

Dear lawd it's @leut_underpants doppleganger :D

Ohh sweet geebus, not 2 of them :sad:

The photograph didn't post...@owa1s has the horrid checkered shirt and no-face :|

I looked, they could be twins
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

The photograph didn't post...@owa1s has the horrid checkered shirt and no-face :|

Hahahaha I thought the same thing when I saw that profile pic!
    Hahaha wth is going on his not my twin and what's wrong with the shirt -_-

Im sure you're the better looking twin ;)

U always make my heart skip a beat when u comment on me :kissing_heart: I should make u my wife :lol:

:huh:

He might be prettier, but I think that settles the intelligence question. :bigsmile:
    My twin is hating on me cuz cuties like me :tongue:

Never. Bros first (especially bros who know the difference between a check and a gingham). *fist bump*

What is the difference? That check has two colours and gingham has more than two?
    (Genuine question)
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I feel old when I have to ask my 13 year old what the new slang words mean. And that the ones I'm currently using aren't cool to use anymore.
    Triggered and bae are my least favorites.
    Buy I highly doubt those are even still used.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Running into kids that I used to babysit in a bar!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I laugh when younger people will make fun of older people for being 'old as balls'. Like they themselves will never be that age someday (and faster than they ever thought possible). It's a very strange thing all around, being smug about your age, as it's by absolutely no virtue of your own. :lol:
  • 1Coolwhip
    1Coolwhip Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I laugh when younger people will make fun of older people for being 'old as balls'. Like they themselves will never be that age someday (and faster than they ever thought possible). It's a very strange thing all around, being smug about your age, as it's by absolutely no virtue of your own. :lol:

Word!
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options

jtegirl1 wrote: »

Hahahaha I thought the same thing when I saw that profile pic!
    Hahaha wth is going on his not my twin and what's wrong with the shirt -_-

Im sure you're the better looking twin ;)

U always make my heart skip a beat when u comment on me :kissing_heart: I should make u my wife :lol:

:huh:

He might be prettier, but I think that settles the intelligence question. :bigsmile:
    My twin is hating on me cuz cuties like me :tongue:

Never. Bros first (especially bros who know the difference between a check and a gingham). *fist bump*
    Honestly I didn't knw the difference but still they look related :tongue: *fist bump*
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Going to my 43rd High School reunion in October, so there's that. I remember watching the Beatles in B & W on Ed Sullivan WHEN IT AIRED, the Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. assassinations, the beginning of 'the space race' with Russia, the moon landing, the birth (and merciful death) of the 8-track, more fashion trends then you can shake a stick at, etc. Oh, and all the cool muscle cars were out when I was a teenager!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends are like my wife and I and started our families later in life...but I have a couple of friends who are my age and becoming empty nesters...that makes me feel old because 1) I've known these kids since they were infants; 2) I'm here with a 5 & 7 year old; 3) I'll be pushing 60 when my youngest graduates highschool.

Also, camping in an RV in forest service campgrounds...I used to be one of those, "if you're not packing it in or at least in a tent off a forest road somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, you're not camping" types. These days I enjoy my creature comforts...I like sleeping in a bed...I like being able to stand up and get dressed and have a little room...I like having a bathroom...I like having a refrigerator...I like having a stove where I can stand up and cook...I like having a heater that kicks on when it's a bit too chilly...I like having music...I like having a little t.v. and DVD player for when we're cooped up in the rain...but yeah, all of that makes me feel kinda old...
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Sitting with my nieces (25 & 29) when the news came on about Jerry Lewis dying. They asked me what he was famous for and I was mentioning the 24-hour Labor Day Telethons and they looked at me with blank stares. So, I mentioned The Nutty Professor and they said "I thought that was Eddie Murphy." UGH!!!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Knowing that this years sophomores in college were born the year I graduated high school.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I feel old when I think that all the current music on the radio is terrible. And also when I see that illiterate communication has become popular on the internet. "Nah, bruh, dat *kitten* doh (followed by a string of emojis)"
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I feel old when I think that all the current music on the radio is terrible. And also when I see that illiterate communication has become popular on the internet. "Nah, bruh, dat *kitten* doh (followed by a string of emojis)"

This is the perfect time for me to use this on you again.

uyyc4quvopie.png

OMG I couldn't stand that *kitten*! LOL
  • WorkerDrone83
    edited August 2017
    Options

uyyc4quvopie.png

Lol. Totally got me again. After a bit of time thinking about it, though, I think she's hot enough I can forgive her.

ETA - but I've never seen her "ousside" this meme, so I hope she's not a terrible person
  • ClrMeBlue
    ClrMeBlue Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I feel old when I catch myself saying things to my kids and then realizing it's the same thing my dad said to me! ugh!
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    90's music definitely does it for me...instant nostalgia, as I'm 40 and Pearl Jam, Dinosaur Jr., etc...can immediately bring me back to those days. All of the 90's hip-hop stuff...too...but not quite as much because it doesn't really seem to be AS dated as my cohorts 'rock music'...

idk. I love music. I've always been weird about it anyway, mostly listening to really, really old music anyway so finding out that my 'youth music' is now 'old person music' doesn't sting quite as much.

SO...what makes me feel really old is the other day we went to a party, and there was one of my wife's coworkers there with 6 month old twins...and I realized I hadn't held a baby in a long time. This was an engagement party for another friend (another thing that makes me feel old, I go to more funerals now than weddings...yikes!). So, anyway, I got to hold and play with the baby a little...and it really sunk in...wow, my little ones are little girls...they're not babies. I helped buckle one of them into the carseat as they left and was like...well, I guess that phase is really over and you sort of remember what it was like doing that every day.

I don't miss diapers, though!!! lol

I workout at a gym doing martial arts stuff with a bunch of really young guys...there's plenty of older people like me as well, but yeah. Wrestling guys in college you do get a reminder that you're aging. There's just certain things you can't pull off anymore...and later in the day when you're like totally wiped out, I would think what it was like back when I was in college. I would be do that kind of thing...and then THEN at like 10:00...START doing shots and getting ready to go out dancing and to party.

lol.

Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain
    https://youtu.be/IC9CZyHLn3M
    (^^^ this one reminds me of delivering pine straw when I was in high school)
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options

uyyc4quvopie.png

Lol. Totally got me again. After a bit of time thinking about it, though, I think she's hot enough I can forgive her.

ETA - but I've never seen her "ousside" this meme, so I hope she's not a terrible person

You're about to feel REAL old cuz she's 19 years younger than you

19 years younger?! Wow, I overshot old and went straight to creep on that one.
  • kieranar
    kieranar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Old NO , wise , experianced and felling good