Dang, I feel old!

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I was listening to 90s music on the way to work this morning and one song brought back high school memories that made me feel so happy. Until I realized that song came out 20 years ago!

Dial up internet, landline home phones, VHS tapes......all these things are pretty much extinct now.

What makes you feel old now?

Wow I still have my landline home phone and use it everyday. LOL!

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    When chat up lines consist of:"I want to put my tongue between your legs". *actually happened to a peer of mine recently... Srsly? What happened to the good ol' days of: "can I get your number?" *landline...obviously..., hey, I'm worth that damn 10pence phone call!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Dunkin Donuts counter service. A man with a starched white collared shirt and apron would take your order and serve the coffee in a proper glass cup under a saucer with a stainless steel spoon. Donuts were made on the premises and served on a glass plate. You paid after you were done and left a cash tip.

Although I can't recall the time when Dunkin Donuts was quite that way, I do remember it being closer to that!

I remember when I turned sixteen (1992), some of my friends worked in fast food and at places like McDonald's, they still wore actual uniforms. Tight, horribly unflattering maroon polyester slacks and tops that were tucked in and belted, with matching hats or visors...paired with black on black restaurant shoes. That was my number one reason for avoiding food service jobs! I see fast food workers now wearing a pair of comfy black skinny jeans with an untucked baggy polo shirt or even t-shirt and Converse sneakers. I feel old every time.

One friend worked in an ice cream shop where she had to wear a hairnet and wasn't allowed to wear earrings. Now the manager of that ice cream shop has waist length pink hair and multiple facial piercings. Times have definitely changed...I don't mean that it's a bad thing, but it's certainly remarkable.
  • romans_6_18
    romans_6_18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I mention Michael Jordan, and teenagers are like, "Who??"
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Stopped a young girl yesterday, she looked about 17 to tell her that her shoe lace was undone, didn't want to see her falling over because of it. Well, she rolls her eyes & says "yeah, I know it's undone"

Her dress sense looked like the grunge look. So I figured the undone shoe lace flapping about must be 'fashion'

Wont look so fashionable with a bust nose after tripping over the shoe lace, I thought. That whole experience made me feel old. Didn't have undone shoe laces in my day.

I dunno, a bloody nose kind of fits the grunge look.
  • romans_6_18
    romans_6_18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Millennials are like 40 now

37 at the most...but yeah, close enough
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Remembering how old I really am and sometimes feeling it!
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I watched the "MTV World Premiere" video of Guns N' Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" with my middle school best friends.
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    My Daughter starting high school...that makes me feel real old

Yes my youngest just started this year and the first time I dropped her off I was like wtf is going on?!! Lol
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I remember recording the top 40 countdown on my cassette player. Having to have perfect timing on the record and stop buttons so I didn't get any ads :D .. However, I never feel old until younger people remind me of how old I am.. Then I tell them they're rude, immature a**holes, throw my drink on them, get on my mobility scooter and go home

OMG YES!!!!! Then the DJ would come on before the song was over and you were like SHHHHHH DAMN IT
  • Mackattack72
    Mackattack72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Working with a couple guys that combined are just a couple years older than me! At least I can lift more than them! Lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    All the recent 90s nostalgia makes me feel extra old. Especially when I'm around people in their early 30s who are like "I LOVED Rugrats, Animaniacs, Full House...collected all of the pogs and Pokemon cards" and I'm like whoa, because at 40 that means I was a teenager with no interest in all of that.