Dang, I feel old!

Options

Replies

• SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Dating makes me feel old. Lol

Do they still have the "3 day rule before calling" rule anymore?

I really loathe the idea that I would ever have to date again...ughh. It was brutal enough the first time. Now...internet, text, etc...just shoot me, really. lol. I don't know if I could survive.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    kieranar wrote: »
    Old NO , wise , experianced and felling good

.... keep telling yourself that.

B)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ClrMeBlue wrote: »
    I feel old when I catch myself saying things to my kids and then realizing it's the same thing my dad said to me! ugh!

Same here.

Then I think: dang..... he was right, about everything; I reckon that I should have listened to something....... anything.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    m1607qrh62bw.jpg
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    The students I teach were born the year I graduated from high school and don't know how to send an email.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    90's music definitely does it for me...instant nostalgia, as I'm 40 and Pearl Jam, Dinosaur Jr., etc...can immediately bring me back to those days. All of the 90's hip-hop stuff...too...but not quite as much because it doesn't really seem to be AS dated as my cohorts 'rock music'...

idk. I love music. I've always been weird about it anyway, mostly listening to really, really old music anyway so finding out that my 'youth music' is now 'old person music' doesn't sting quite as much.

SO...what makes me feel really old is the other day we went to a party, and there was one of my wife's coworkers there with 6 month old twins...and I realized I hadn't held a baby in a long time. This was an engagement party for another friend (another thing that makes me feel old, I go to more funerals now than weddings...yikes!). So, anyway, I got to hold and play with the baby a little...and it really sunk in...wow, my little ones are little girls...they're not babies. I helped buckle one of them into the carseat as they left and was like...well, I guess that phase is really over and you sort of remember what it was like doing that every day.

I don't miss diapers, though!!! lol

I workout at a gym doing martial arts stuff with a bunch of really young guys...there's plenty of older people like me as well, but yeah. Wrestling guys in college you do get a reminder that you're aging. There's just certain things you can't pull off anymore...and later in the day when you're like totally wiped out, I would think what it was like back when I was in college. I would be do that kind of thing...and then THEN at like 10:00...START doing shots and getting ready to go out dancing and to party.

lol.

Dinosaur Jr. - Feel the Pain
    https://youtu.be/IC9CZyHLn3M
    (^^^ this one reminds me of delivering pine straw when I was in high school)

FEEL THE PAIN!! YESSSSSSSS!!!
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Finding out my high school reunion this year was 10 years that makes me feel old
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    owa1s wrote: »
    My childhood classmates that I sometimes see when I'm out

Dear lawd it's @leut_underpants doppleganger :D

Ohh sweet geebus, not 2 of them :sad:

The photograph didn't post...@owa1s has the horrid checkered shirt and no-face :|

I looked, they could be twins
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

The photograph didn't post...@owa1s has the horrid checkered shirt and no-face :|

Hahahaha I thought the same thing when I saw that profile pic!
    Hahaha wth is going on his not my twin and what's wrong with the shirt -_-

Im sure you're the better looking twin ;)

U always make my heart skip a beat when u comment on me :kissing_heart: I should make u my wife :lol:

:huh:

He might be prettier, but I think that settles the intelligence question. :bigsmile:

Now now, that's your jealousy talking ...it's understandable , he is young and good looking :wink:

I remember writing letters to a penpal..does anybody write letters anymore?.. Even my mum texts everyone.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Im sure you're the better looking twin ;)

U always make my heart skip a beat when u comment on me :kissing_heart: I should make u my wife :lol:

:huh:

He might be prettier, but I think that settles the intelligence question. :bigsmile:

Now now, that your jealousy talking ...it's understandable , he is young and good looking :wink:

They could be brothers... Argue like it lol
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Listening to albums, rotary phones, NO internet or computers, black and white T.V., people smoking everywhere (even in hospitals!), living through disco times....(I'll be 60 in a few months-ouch!)

And smoking on airplanes!!!!

airplanes ??

back in my day, we walked everywhere ...... and liked it too.

Yes, way back when. That's why we still get reminded we can't smoke on airplanes, some people probably never got the memo or understood the graphic in the bathrooms.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

and as usual, I missed a lot while at work today. lol

Working is for old people.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Finding out my high school reunion this year was 10 years that makes me feel old

My 30th high school reunion was held this past summer.

I discovered I was a year older than the grandmother of a kid on my son's little league team.

Hearing songs from when I was in high school on the "oldies' station.

I actually find some relevant articles in my husband's AARP magazine.

I recently made my first purchase at Chico's (while shopping with my 83-year-old mother-in-law).
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    My baby-girl is walking and my son wants to call me "Dad" instead of "Daddy."
  • ClrMeBlue
    ClrMeBlue Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I had a dirty joke here but I deleted it because I just remembered I already have a warning against me.

Don't get kicked off. Been there done that! lol
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Found a gray hair yesterday morning.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I'm wine baby.

:)
  • ClrMeBlue
    ClrMeBlue Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Found a gray hair yesterday morning.

Some of us are thankful to still have hair! lol
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me today he was born after the first star wars trilogy. He hasn't seen it yet.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    When sprogs ( anyone under 25) say they haven't heard of Monty Python. Not only young, but ignorant.