True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @fjmartini wrote: »
    MamaCassK wrote: »
    When I was 13, my mom told my older brother I'd never amount to anything and she hoped I married a rich man-years later when I was in college she said no man would commit to me full time because I don't have "it"....whatever that is...

Jesus Christ

Hey, would you mind using Mohammad instead?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    The Beast and I are dating :blush:

Congrats!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I want more tattoos now.....but better wait.

I just live vicariously through my son and send him to kindergarten covered in temporary tattoos lol...
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I want more tattoos now.....but better wait.

Let's go get some!!
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    MamaCassK wrote: »
    Yea, it's fine-I ended up in the PhD program and have a really great job so clearly she was wrong

I'm so glad you added this bit to the story. Also lots of respect to you for achieving despite even those closest telling you that you aren't able. Way to show them!
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    When I was a lower-case g, I was cripplingly shy. Even today, the anxiety of meeting someone new in person makes me forget or miss people's names as soon as I shake their hand.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    I have an ex-friend that said I was too fat to be seen around (not really ever a friend). Now, when I know they'll be somewhere (we live near each other), I purposely wear my most body flattering clothes. I get some joy in that I'm now noticable smaller than her...and flaunt it.

Somebody really said that to you?

Yep. Some of my motivation lies in proving a bunch of motherkittens wrong.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    So... are you scholarly because of? Or inspite of? What path would you have found yourself on had it not been for the "terrible" assessment of your future? Sometimes the path we find ourselves on is a result of pain not pleasure
  • MamaCassK
    MamaCassK Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    So... are you scholarly because of? Or inspite of? What path would you have found yourself on had it not been for the "terrible" assessment of your future? Sometimes the path we find ourselves on is a result of pain not pleasure

No, I love learning so I did all that for me-I've never been much of a goal setter or anything, so I wouldn't say it was in spite of...Mom was right about the man not committing to me full time though-but whatever-some people are worthy of faithfulness and love, some aren't I guess.
  • rykrieg1
    rykrieg1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I confess that I sleep naked only on non fat- days :)
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    08_GreenEyedMomma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I confess that I noticed a dying cricket on my co-workers desk hours ago.....

and it's still there. They should be here today, but they're not. They used a dubious excuse, and I doubt that our manager knows they're not here. So they can deal with a dying (might be dead by now) cricket.
  • Cheesy_Keto
    Cheesy_Keto Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I cofess I don't have enough real life friends. Too much work and family time leaves me wanting to hang out with friends but they are too far away.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I confess: I type out, then delete posts 99 times out of 100.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    My friend keeps implying I'm fat and body shaming me, even though she has bigger hips and thighs than me, and mostly likely a higher bmi. She tried on one of my dresses, and it fit her perfectly even though she's like a foot shorter than I am. I feel too embarrassed/anxious to point that out to her, as I am fat, and I don't want her to feel the way she's made me feel. I think she sees herself as being smaller than she actually is. It's actually really rude, I wish she would stop implying how big I am, its not like I don't already know.

She seems to feel superior because I eat a lot more than she does (although I think she eats more when I'm not around), and she has thinner fingers and smaller hands than I do.

You should find a new friend.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was pretty vain when I was in my college days, before I gained weight. Sometimes I feel like gaining weight was punishment for my vanity. Also, although it's not advisable, losing weight to regain entitlement for my vanity is a motivator for me.
  • NoFlippinWhey_
    NoFlippinWhey_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Titanic is one of my favorite movies. I'll never let go.