"Us" and "Them"

Options
beingmore1
beingmore1 Posts: 3,131 Member
Do you tell "them" about "us"? Them being your in real life family and friends and Us being your mfp family and friends. Do you talk about us to them? Are you living two separate lives? Do they ever overlap? Or are we, your mfp friends and family, a secret? Go ahead, es-plane.....(and yes it's a funny way of saying explain)

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Real life?

What's that?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I do talk about my mfp friends with some of my real life friends and my sister. I hate saying real life friends because some of my mfp friends have become real life friends too and you all know who you are. As for my hubs, no he doesn't know. Not because I really have anything to hide but he just wouldn't understand and it's easier to not even deal with it.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I've talked about my mfp familia in real life
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just say "myfitnesspal friend" but I don't say names as I don't know the vast majorities real names anyways. Lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I've talked about MFP to my son but not in too much detail. He refers to it as "Your Fat Friends" I think he's hilarious.

PS he's only 15 years old.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Some of my MFP friends (that I have met here over the years) are now my real life friends. So yes, I have mentioned things here and there and vice versa.

For the most though, my health/fitness interests stays put here.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't - no one around me is working out or trying to eat better or anything - this is my own little space - there's like mindedness here - you people are just nice enough to let me visit :p
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I've shown my sister and my friend the forums, they laughed a lot and said I was crazy.
    The people from mfp that I talk to outside of here I consider actual friends and so I feel no need to hide them and may have mentioned them once or twice.
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    if it pertains to the conversation.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I've talked about MFP to my son but not in too much detail. He refers to it as "Your Fat Friends" I think he's hilarious.

PS he's only 15 years old.
    :D:D
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    No. These worlds do not collide.

This is just right... its just right.
  • GlucoseKitten23
    GlucoseKitten23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Signed one of them contracts so I'm not at liberty to say.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I definitely talk about these forums. Mostly when having to explain what I mean when I say "woo-science".
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I have no friends.