Anyone else here trying to grow their hips?

Options
13»

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Larger hips are not always a blessing. My size 10 jeans (Levi's 501's - 100% cotton) are starting to get loose. I wear a size 6 top. Not fun when having to buy a dress.

You bought those jeans nine days ago.

Yes I did. Fit then, noticed they are loose on my waist yesterday.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Larger hips are not always a blessing. My size 10 jeans (Levi's 501's - 100% cotton) are starting to get loose. I wear a size 6 top. Not fun when having to buy a dress.

Straight out of the dryer? That's the real test.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Amazon sells "panties" to make your hips look bigger. $19.99 is sure better than getting preggos.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

To be fair I've done this too... bought jeans which were a smaller size than expected and by the time I went to wear them a week later, they were loose. It was mainly because they were looser than they should have been in the first place because I couldn't really grasp what proper fitting clothes in the right size looked like. I think I got to wear those jeans all of once.

But yeah, try the dryer.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm aware hip dips are caused by merely having a skeleton not sure what you can really do about that. Us women have enough to worry about & deal with. From needing to have a bigger bum, bigger tits, tiny waist, flat stomach, toned physique, flawless skin, flawless hair, flawless eyebrows, flawless make up. Hold down a full time job, keep the house clean, exercise, :neutral:

And now, hip dips is a thing sheeesh

You forgot about volunteering our time to charity, having ramped social lives, dressing like a Pinterest pin daily, and never letting our children get bored or offer them the iPad to entertain themselves for a moment.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget shopping only on the outside of the aisles and cooking everything from scratch. Without sugar, salt, or cheese. Artfully plating meals for our Instagram following.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Off the laundry line, yep they are getting loose right after washing/drying them. I hate having to use the dryer - I live in the desert, the sun is free and it's hot enough without running the dryer Most likely I bought then on my once a month bloated period. Or because they are 100% cotton and not that stretchy stuff, jeans tend to form to the body, they can get a bit loose in some spots from wearing then.

Still means I probably should have bought an 8.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    You forgot about volunteering our time to charity, having ramped social lives, dressing like a Pinterest pin daily, and never letting our children get bored or offer them the iPad to entertain themselves for a moment.

you forgot about being totally into whatever sexual practice is the latest fashion as well.

• sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options

you forgot about being totally into whatever sexual practice is the latest fashion as well.

There's sex fads?
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    There's sex fads?

i swear. i have been around long enough to have noticed this. spanking . . . *kitten* . . .
  • lovetolose17
    lovetolose17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    czmiles926 wrote: »
    I've always had a very scrawny and boyish figure. I just want to get more curvy figure in general. I'm not just working on my hips: I'm working on my arms, core and butt as well.

@czmiles926 -- Do you tend to gain weight in your belly, too? I gain in my middle instead of my hips and backside. I'm trying the Strong Curves program to hopefully build some muscles and see if I can define my waist a little more. I don't really care other than hoping to shift some weight (or at least look like it) and lose some belly (three kids, second was a C-section), but I definitely need toning in my rear end/hip area since there's never been much there so I've neglected it. :) Anyway, I'm enjoying the Strong Curves program. You can find a PDF online if you want to check it out.

I have no idea what hip dips are.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    czmiles926 wrote: »
    I've always had a very scrawny and boyish figure. I just want to get more curvy figure in general. I'm not just working on my hips: I'm working on my arms, core and butt as well.

@czmiles926 -- Do you tend to gain weight in your belly, too? I gain in my middle instead of my hips and backside. I'm trying the Strong Curves program to hopefully build some muscles and see if I can define my waist a little more. I don't really care other than hoping to shift some weight (or at least look like it) and lose some belly (three kids, second was a C-section), but I definitely need toning in my rear end/hip area since there's never been much there so I've neglected it. :) Anyway, I'm enjoying the Strong Curves program. You can find a PDF online if you want to check it out.

I have no idea what hip dips are.

I don't really know if I gain weight in my middle because I'm only 19 and I was underweight throughout my childhood and adolescence. I'm really new to all this fitness stuff (I hated PE with a passion!)
    I've looked into strong curves but I don't think it's for me because it requires a lot of gym equipment and I don't really want to go to the gym! Good luck with it though!