need some comforting words please, my parents hurt me and are not sorry... (long)

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I don't have comforting words but I have these:

3d5781f2fcd1f591.jpg

Keep the words, pass the corn nuts.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the flag!

They flagged you because you spelled Whut wrong. It is spelled wut
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Thanks for the flag!

Waaat?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    First time one of my children called my wife a b*tch, their butt would be out the door so fast it would make their head spin.

Right?

With a deep and lasting imprint of a size 10 Redwing boot on a their narrow *kitten*.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    1. Don't say anything. Prove the wrong with actions, and still say nothing.
    2. Move out! Seriously, no matter how much I love my family, some members are toxic. Your relationship with your parents sounds just like that. It's perfectly normal to love someone and not like them. Especially family.
    3. Be patient. This will pass, just grit down and remember that this is temporary.

****HUGS****
  • tmanfromtexas
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Thanks for the flag!

Waaat?

Dont make me flag you...
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    It seems to me we only have half the story here. Be honest with yourself as to why there is this tension. It clearly goes back way further than when you moved back to the family home.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You can't control your parents just yourself.
    You have a part in what went down. You had choices. You could have walked away when your mother said no to your help. You engaged and furthered the argument even after they went away. You said nasty things too.
    You aren't okay but apparently can not communicate that.
    You should get out of their house and then decide if you want to continue a relationship with your parents.
    Get some therapy to help you learn to communicate and deal with things better.
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm married and 35 and if I ever called my mother a bi**h for any reason I would be dead after she was done with me my sorry carcass would get it from dad. I tried once when I was 13.... once. Mom still has the wooden spoon that showed me the error of my ways.

You don't have to like your parents but you do have to show them respect because: A) they are your parents B ) it is their home C) most people will treat you the way that you treat them.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    This goes way beyond your current situation. If you can afford to be somewhere else, be somewhere else. If not, hunker down, be polite, be unobtrusive and avoid confrontation until you move out.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sign of the times. Adult kids are not moving out. People in the 20s and 30s. Some still dip into parents funds to get assistance. I know a couple with 2 kids and grandma is footing their disney trip with a grudge.

more fool grandma!
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You clearly have a dysfunctional family. Your mom disregards and disrespects your feelings and you in turn do the same thing to her. Whereas you have a right to stand up for yourself, two wrongs don't make a right. And quite possibly she is just as hurt by your attitude as you are by hers. It sounds like you are both experts at meeting each others need to feel like a victim and you may not even realise it. You, and you alone, are responsible for the way you react in situations like this, regardless of how the other person handles it. Moving out is the best thing you can do right now. Stay away for awhile. Set clear boundaries so you don't get caught up in the never ending maze of madness. You are well aware of what triggers these kind of reactions, so it should be easy. It will be good for you to live alone for your own emotional well-being, at least for a while. Some times you have just accept that you won't get an apology, especially when the person sees nothing wrong with their actions.
    Good luck to you, I hope it works out for you and you find some happiness, soon!
  • tmanfromtexas
    Options
    Thanks for the flag!

Wot?

You get a pass only because you are in the southern Hemisphere...