August Century plus cycling challenge

Options
Challenge yourself to ride at least 100 miles (or more) throughout the month of August. Reply to this topic and let us know how many miles you will be riding, then keep us updated. Also, let us know of any special event you participated, or special moment you experienced while riding.

My goal 200mi. Let's hear it.

exercise.png

Replies

• Izzy62
    Izzy62 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd love to join you please. I just had some knee surgery so I'm not able to ride outdoors for another couple of months, but it will be great motivation for me in the gym! (if that counts!)

I would like to aim for 200 miles too.

Izzy xx
  • 1Prettypain
    1Prettypain Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm in, I have a 14 mile ride this Sat, a 50 in two weeks, and a possible 100 at the end of august. Plus all my pdaily riding... Great idea Tig...... Thank you
  • 1Prettypain
    1Prettypain Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm in, I have a 14 mile ride this Sat, a 50 in two weeks, and a possible 100 at the end of august. Plus all my pdaily riding... Great idea Tig...... Thank you
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Well I did 500 last month but that was tough and we had five weekends to do it. With work this month I am only going to try for 300 and if I go over great. So put me down for 300.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Two months in a row now I have failed to make my goal. Pretty frustrated with myself. I'm going to lower my goal to 200 for August. I joined another challenge too that will keep me busy throughout the month, plus I will be going out of town next weekend. I need to see some success here!
  • NiallWallace
    NiallWallace Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in, although if I don't make 100 miles in the first few days I've bailed out at Lochboisdale and not made it to Stornoway.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I made my July goal of 200 (231 miles). I think I'm going to lower August a little since I need to get in more pavement time on my feet for my marathon. August goal 150 miles.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Will do!! Getting a new bike in the next week or so, + my training for my sprint tri!! Should be an easy 100!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I get my knees back this month, so I'll be working running back into my workouts. Just over 450 last month... I think maybe 250 this month should do it.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Im in for august, i dont think it can get hotter than July...

100 miles
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'll they for 100 again this month.... Gotta schedule half training in now though....
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Last month, I biked at the gym for 55.66 miles. This month my goal is 100 miles. Thanks for setting this challenge up! I'm definitely biking more each month!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Put me down for
    240 road miles commuting.
    4,000 feet of climbing on my trail bike.
    32,000 feet of descending on my downhill bike.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I rode 608 miles in July, so I plan on riding 750 miles in August. I'll try to update here daily during the month. Looking forward to riding with all of you.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I rode 608 miles in July, so I plan on riding 750 miles in August. I'll try to update here daily during the month. Looking forward to riding with all of you.

608 miles in one month WOW. Way to Go. I did 500 last month and am wondering how I got there even with 5 weekends. If you do 750 that is amazing. GodSpeed to ya!!
  • TDSeest
    Options

608 miles in one month WOW. Way to Go. I did 500 last month and am wondering how I got there even with 5 weekends. If you do 750 that is amazing. GodSpeed to ya!!

I have to set high numbers, or I get lazy. I set a daily goal, and then I try to ride a mile or two past it every day.

I'll have to drive up to Rochester and ride with you. I used to do a lot of business there; you have great bike paths through out the city, and I love eating at the Outback Steakhouse there.
  • gwynh
    gwynh Posts: 160
    Options
    Ok, I will put my bike back together. It is in 4 pieces still. I will go ride in the morning. With me going back to work, I will set my goal at 250 and see how that goes.
  • 1Prettypain
    Options
    ok put me down for 250
  • TDSeest
    Options
    I rode 18.5 miles this morning, for a total of 18.5 miles for August. Feel free to join me in the new month. I look forward to racking up the miles with all of you.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Put me down for 200. I bought a new bike this summer (Specialized VIta Comp), went clipless and have a trip in September to do a 40 miler in Maine.