3 Day Apple Fast

Options
Starting Today I'm going to do the 3 day apple cleanse where you eat nothing but apples for 3 days. It doesn't matter how many you eat, just don't eat anything else. I'm doing this to jump start & get back on track with my weight loss journey after being off for about 2 weeks. Anyone heard of this or done before? What do you guys think?

Replies

• theron12
    theron12 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    theron12 wrote: »
    I think it's completely unnecessary.

Do you think eating only carbs for 3 days is a good idea?

Why apples - what do you think they are going to "cleanse" you of?

Why not just go back to counting calories, eating normal food, with balanced, nutritious meals?

No real reason really. Just heard of it & figure I'd jump start my journey by trying it out. Although I'm sure I could use a cleanse

Do you believe or try everything you hear?
    Again, bad idea. Why does eating real meals that fit your calorie deficit not sound a) more beneficial, or b.) more enjoyable?

That actually does sound a lot better. Which is why I posted here to get opinions.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you do this? And weight-loss doesn't need a jump start -- it just needs you to start something you can stick with.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The ideas people can devise, and how many people who think it's really smart :|

This^

I'm asking myself did the person that devised this really think it was good a idea, or was this just something to get his/her name out there.

I like apples....but sheesh.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    w095f05s578d.jpg
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Lol...... no.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    Now apple pie would be a different story.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ...or baked apples with cinnamon or caramel.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I love apples, but this would get me over that feeling with a quickness.

OP, I second the suggestion to prepare for a fresh start by overhauling your fridge and pantry, looking for new recipes, reading the forum stickies, and looking into new and different ways to exercise. Learn as much as you can about forming sustainable habits.