Replies

• okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Only in Death Note lol
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    'Detoxing' is already done by your liver and kidneys. There is no kick start, magic potion or pill.
    *Weigh and log everything that goes in your mouth.
    * Stick to a modest calorie deficit.
    * Lose weight.
    (* Copy/pasted because I am lazy.)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I like the bear claws with Apple filling from Dunkin. Could totally do that for 3 days.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    theron12 wrote: »
    Starting Today I'm going to do the 3 day apple cleanse where you eat nothing but apples for 3 days. It doesn't matter how many you eat, just don't eat anything else. I'm doing this to jump start & get back on track with my weight loss journey after being off for about 2 weeks. Anyone heard of this or done before? What do you guys think?

Complete waste of time...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    No real reason really. Just heard of it & figure I'd jump start my journey by trying it out. Although I'm sure I could use a cleanse

No such thing as "jumpstarting"...

You do not need a cleanse. Your liver (provided it is healthy) does all the cleansing you require...
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's just a mono diet. You can do the exact same thing with nutella if you wanted
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I think it's completely unnecessary.

Do you think eating only carbs for 3 days is a good idea?

Why apples - what do you think they are going to "cleanse" you of?

Why not just go back to counting calories, eating normal food, with balanced, nutritious meals?

No real reason really. Just heard of it & figure I'd jump start my journey by trying it out. Although I'm sure I could use a cleanse

Do you believe or try everything you hear?
    Again, bad idea. Why does eating real meals that fit your calorie deficit not sound a) more beneficial, or b.) more enjoyable?

That actually does sound a lot better. Which is why I posted here to get opinions.

You did right to get opinions :)

It is very unhealthy to eat one food, doesn't matter what it is.

It doesn't jump start anything, it's all lies and so are cleanses.

Eat any foods you like up to your calories and you'll be good.
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    miratps wrote: »
    It's just a mono diet. You can do the exact same thing with nutella if you wanted

Challenge accepted.

It's good fun, unfortunately for me the mono lasted about 30 mins as I ran out of nutella
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,771 Member
    Options

Challenge accepted.

It's good fun, unfortunately for me the mono lasted about 30 mins as I ran out of nutella

sniff. You can always buy more nutella!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Stock up on wetwipes.

OMG! LMAO. I’d be so hangry.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering an apple pie cleanse.

Even more seriously, we need to come up with a good suggestion for well-intentioned people like our friend here who want to "jumpstart." Like "5 Steps in 5 Days with MFP!"

People want to Do Something so badly, and just logging that first meal isn't momentous enough. It's unfortunate because probably the most sustainable approach is a low-key one. Just do one small thing. Then do it again. Then when that's a habit, add on another thing.

5 Days to SUCCESS:

Day 1: Log your breakfast, log your lunch, make a MFP blog recipe for dinner. Save some for your lunch tomorrow.
    Day 2: Log your breakfast, eat your leftover dinner and log it, have an afternoon snack, enter one of your favorite recipes into the builder and have it for dinner.
    Day 3: Log your breakfast. Log your lunch. Log your dinner. Get some activity today.
    Day 4: Log your breakfast. Think about the past 3 days. Which meals did you enjoy the most? Which left you feeling the most satisfied? Have you been hungry? Did you like the day with the snack or would you rather have bigger meals? Based on your thoughts, plan your meals for tomorrow and pre-log. Get some activity again. Log your lunch. Log your dinner.
    Day 5: Prepare and eat your logged meals. Did you like having it planned ahead or did you feel restricted? How hungry have you been? If you're uncomfortably hungry or feeling deprived, set your diary to public and post in the forums for feedback. Get some activity again. Make a grocery list of the foods that left you feeling the most satisfied and maybe some based upon suggestions from the community. Go shop for days 6-10.

:)
  • hunterc47
    hunterc47 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't matter how many you eat ... therefore calories are potentially unlimited ... then what is the point?

It won't "jumpstart" anything. Simply going to the bathroom doesn't "cleanse" your body of anything that isn't removed normally.

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Wiggymommy wrote: »
    Apples make me hungrier. I'd eat apples for three days then everything in the kitchen the 4th.

It would take an hour for me.