Opinion on diet sodas and weight loss

Options
I have recently gotten back to being accountable for my health choices and losing weight. That being said, I have read lots of posts about diet soda hindering weight loss. I am thinking it is not a good choice to drink so much diet soda as I usually do (3 per day). Has anyone noticed any positive changes with stopping diet soda consumption? Thanks!

Replies

• joannastanmfp
    joannastanmfp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your input!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I haven't been drinking as much diet Pepsi lately, and the only real change is that I do not have as much cafgeine in my system at bedtime. No discernible difference in appetite or sugar cravings. Certainly none on inflammation issues.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I drink black tea and diet soda all day long.

It does not effect my weight at all.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I mainly only drink Pepsi Max, and tend to have 1 (2 at most) cans a day, as well as 1ltr of water. First time I lost weight I still drank soda and lost and that was 2014. The one can and 1ltr water is just this year and is working fine for me, I'm still losing. Maybe drink between the both (water, soda, water, soda, water.. you get the idea.)
  • jordanlane07
    jordanlane07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a major diet soda problem and recently stopped. There has been no change in my weight at all. Since I'm not drinking it as much though, I do drink more water instead. I would say one to two a day is completely fine. That's just my opinion.