Maintaining Calorie Goal eating MREs while on disaster response

Options
2»

Replies

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you end up not very active (which would be surprising), perhaps you could share some with your buddies or some of the people you're helping. I imagine you'll easily burn 2000, though, with all the work needed there. Focus on the help you're providing, and get back on track when you return home. You're doing good work. :smile:
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would just let things balance back out when you get home. You will have enough to worry about while doing the much needed work there. If you are doing lots of manual/physical labor then the cals may be spot on to at least maintain current weight. And like others said, you don't have to eat everything.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of just eating the MRE's and trying to maintain your current weight.

Also, depending on your duty there will likely be someone nearby who would really love a treat so you could always give the dessert or candy to one of the people you are helping.
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Alot of great suggestions here! I tend to agree with the lot of them. Last year here in Louisiana we had that horrible flood leaving over 100,000 folks without homes. In Houston it is twice as bad. The workers are super busy burning so many calories that I doubt it will hurt you to eat some of the MRE'S. Also, IF POSSIBLE, look for folks that have set up "food tables". I know for a fact a lot of people that own restaurants here in La., (one being my son in law), have gone over there to "cater". They will be cooking good hot meals. Bring some fruits and protein bars to snack on, if possible.

THANK YOU so much for going to help. As a person that was affected by the floods last year in Louisiana, I truly appreciate everyone going over to help Texas. God Bless you!
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to add to the wisdom in these posts, except another, "Stay safe - and Thank you."
  • Cristjams
    Cristjams Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Disaster recovery burns a lot of calories.I am 5'3", 116 pounds and a 43 year old woman. I burned almost 2600 calories doing hurricane cleanup on Thursday. Thank you for your help!!!

Thank you for your help!
  • candjmunoz
    candjmunoz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston and want to thank you. The devastation is great here and your help is so appreciated.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    candjmunoz wrote: »
    I'm in Houston and want to thank you. The devastation is great here and your help is so appreciated.

Ditto!