How often do you weigh yourself ?

Options

Replies

• whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Usually every time I'm in the bathroom cause that's where my scale is. The numbers don't upset me tho.
  • livendive
    livendive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Daily here, I enjoy watching the fluctuations and playing with the data in Excel.
  • branjovanovic
    branjovanovic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I know weight fluctuates due to various reasons but if I see a bigger number than the previous day I will definitely be more careful about what I eat that day. So I adjust what I eat and keep myself in check with daily weighing.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I like seeing the tiny losses each day and my heart leaps if I've gone down a pound or two :) Some people advise not to, but I think it's fine as long as you understand there are gonna be days when it naturally goes up a bit for no reason. I find it quite motivating to weigh myself daily :)
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Every morning first thing after I get up and go to the bathroom :) I like knowing if I've got down, and if I go up a bit, I adjust that day in my eating to take care of it.
  • ashleyconleche
    ashleyconleche Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings before I've had anything to eat and after I've gone to the bathroom. If I do it every day, I get obsessive, and that doesn't fair well for me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Weighing daily is something I still do even after 4 years of being at maintenance - I know when I'll see spikes up and what causes them (I'll know for example if I have chinese takeaway my weight will go up by 2lbs and that will stay higher for 4 days, or if its TOM another spike up of 1.5-2lbs happens, or if I am having loo issues....so many causes!) ...but knowledge is power :smile:

Of course if weighing daily would cause someone to obsess over the number then it might not be for them.
  • rob0781
    rob0781 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I first started out it was every few weeks as I didn't have a scale of my own, once I got a scale I weighed every Monday morning , now that I am in maintenance and still figuring out maintenance calories I weigh every morning and track my weight in a app called Libra.
  • SarahMacphail1
    SarahMacphail1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Daily here. I know some people find the normal day to day fluctuation discouraging but personally I find it helpful. I can "gain" up to 4lbs overnight (lots of things can do this) so weigh day can be incredibly discouraging at times if I'm only weighing once a week. Doing it this way I see the day to day fluctuations and I can either choose to log them all or just log each new lowest weight.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I don't get too caught up with the numbers...it just helps motivate me to make healthy decisions.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Daily, naked and after using the bathroom, FTW!
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning. I only record weekly on MFP, though - weigh in day is Saturday. It's not unusual for my weight to fluctuate 2-3 pounds from day to day. When I would weigh myself only once a week and was up on that day, I would get discouraged. With weighing daily, I can understand that it is only a normal fluctuation and don't get discouraged.
  • rubydew1
    rubydew1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, doctor's orders. First thing in morning & rught before bed.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    no6016 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Daily.. first thing in the morning and I use a weight trending app.

What app do you like? I have a fitbit with a scale so probably that is sufficient. I am new here, but think that if I do not start the daily weigh in I will not get to know my body as well as I could. I have more mental trouble logging my food as I have never done that. I think I can weight myself daily without duress. I have 20 to lose.

I use this scale.. It syncs to MFP. I use Garmin and MFP syncs back to Garmin. The trending app I use is for PC called weightgrapher.com, I do most of MFP stuff on PC. Depending Iphone or Android there is Happy Scale, Libra and more out there that work well.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Connected-Precision-Accurate-Measurements/dp/B00N9ENKDI

Doing this daily helps me monitor the day to day fluctuations a great deal of this is due to being female (I will be 49 this Saturday) and all the hormonal fluctuations which are huge for myself as well. I in no way use my scale weight as an indicator of success of failure, just use it as one tool to use as a guage.
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The scale is like a torture device to me so I force myself to do it once a week...lol
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, right when I wake up after I go pee. I have been lucky enough to see the numbers go down every week a few times a week, but I never look at the scale more than once a day.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Daily. First thing in the morning. It just helps me know if I did well the day before or not.
  • Samanthax89x
    Samanthax89x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Daily! It keeps me in focus ☺ I've lost 4 stone got to target but decided I need to lose another stone and I'll be happy lol.
  • esarginson7355
    esarginson7355 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before eating anything. Yet I only record it once a week.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a pharmacy scale that tallies with my gym scale. I cannot do it more often as I tend to get very hung up on the numbers so fluctuations would drive me nuts.