September 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    That is why all of my stuff is black. I do not have to worry about all this silly matching stuff :smiley:

But black is not the color I want to run in when it's 90-100°. I have one nice black reflective Nike tank and I don't think I've ever worn it. Maybe when it gets down in the 60-70's I will. :wink: oh and when I get out before sunrise. :tongue:

I think I drew the line last week at a light purple shirt with red-orange shorts and pumpkin orange socks.

Amazingly my black heat gear cools me better than anything else I have ever owned. Stuff is incredible that way.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    That is why all of my stuff is black. I do not have to worry about all this silly matching stuff :smiley:

But black is not the color I want to run in when it's 90-100°. I have one nice black reflective Nike tank and I don't think I've ever worn it. Maybe when it gets down in the 60-70's I will. :wink: oh and when I get out before sunrise. :tongue:

I think I drew the line last week at a light purple shirt with red-orange shorts and pumpkin orange socks.

Amazingly my black heat gear cools me better than anything else I have ever owned. Stuff is incredible that way.

I'll keep that in mind. Maybe try it out.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @hanlonsk I don't think any of your outfits didn't match! Congratulations on that snow run, WOW! We never have more than a dusting, but do get quite a bit of ice.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    September goal....I'll know it when I see it.

9/1 rest
    9/2 4 mile hike through Kilauea Iki, then 3.2 run on treadmill
    9/3 4.35

Total: 11.55

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:
    exercise.png
    upcoming races:
    Hilo Bay 5 and 10k 9/10
    BlockThe Sun Run 5k Oct 14 (https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017) (physical and virtual options available)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    September goal....55 miles.

September 1....9 miles Cool weather 61 degrees. Stayed in the zone for most of it.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person that didn't know this?

Heel Lock

I'd been doing that, but on my marathon a week ago, it made one of my shoes too tight, and it hurt a lot. I couldn't retie it because my fingers were numb. Now I've got a sore lump there.

It was weird, because my heel was almost coming out of my shoe when I walked at the start.

Feet are freaky.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I wore the exact same blue Steigen socks for my marathon! xx
  • NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

9/3: 6.1k -Very easy-

Goal: 6.1k/170k

A very tired easy run yesterday. Too much heat, and wild nightlife made this Long run into just 6k run. Today I have a massage session, first time in many months. I need to relax!

Upcoming races:
    7/29: 4th Nea Peramos Aquathlon
    9/16: 4th Kavala Night City Run 10k
    9/24: Xiropotamos Trail 2017 11k
    10/1: Voreia Sirris Challenge 23k
    10/15: Nestos Trail VFTU 10k
    11/26: 4th Democritus Half Marathon
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome @r_babin ! Enjoy your massage @NikolaosKey , sounds like you need it!

@Orphia when I ran Edmonton last month I actually had a lady approach me pre-race and asked me to help her heel lock her shoes because "I looked like I'd know". Not entirely sure what that even meant but I definitely had no idea what she was talking about and I felt so bad for her!

September 1- 23
    September 2- 60
    September 3- 30
    September 4- 20.6

133.6/600km

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB I never heard it call "heel lock" - everyone around here seems to call it "runner's knot" so even though I know how to do it, I would not have been able to help her either.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Welcome @humpbax! I'm not a morning person either. I just suffer through the afternoon heat. I'm also afraid of the dark, ish.. I really should work on that.

ereck44 wrote: »
    So many posts

So many awesome runners :lol:
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    -------   -----    -------
    Sep   2     4.5        4.5 
    Sep   4     5.1        9.6