Help i have bingo arms

Options
I go to the gym aprox 5 to 6 days a week with active rest for one or two days (at home work out) and am finding some great results but i still have very loose flabby under arms anyone have any tips or excercises to help me out please and thank you!!

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Me too, if that makes you feel any better. I continue to lift and hope for the best.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Keep lifting, give it time and if all else fails, surgery. Not much else you can do.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Where did "bingo wings" come from? Was it like someone winning at bingo and then waving the ticket around the the arm fat waved too?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

It's a stereotype of fat older women going to the bingo and waving around their flabby arms when they win.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Where did "bingo wings" come from? Was it like someone winning at bingo and then waving the ticket around the the arm fat waved too?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IT'S NOT ARM FAT!!!!

p.s. love ya, niner.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Weight training helps, but for me, the only way my bingo wings would totally leave is if I had skin removal surgery.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I have never heard that phrase before! Omg, to funny. Sorry, I have no helpful information. Good luck!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Be careful.

Maybe this isn't you, but too many women hold their arm out from their body, all relaxed, wiggle it, and if anything moves underneath, they call it "bingo wings" and hate on it.

No.

Flex your arm, kinda like a bodybuilder. Tighten up every part you can, especially the muscles on the back of your upper arm (triceps). If you haven't done this much, you might have to experiment a little with the best way to get everything as clench-y tight as it will go, curling your wrist over, bending at the elbow, figuring out the best angles between upper arm & shoulder as you work on making it as tight as it'll go. But do it.

OK - now move the arm around. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that less of the upper arm is gonna flop around. Why? Because relaxed triceps (those muscles in the back of the upper arm) are a bit slack, and will move around. Even quite fit, slim women can get some movement from the back of a relaxed upper arm.

Another test: When your arm is relaxed, grab onto that "bingo wing" with your other hand - get a good handful of the floppy bits. Now tighten up/flex the arm you're holding onto. Did part of the floppy bit turn kind of firm in your hand? That's a muscle. There may be some fat, too; there may be some loose skin. And for any of us, it can become a stronger and firmer muscle with more exercise. But it's still a muscle.

I've done this stuff with many women. Literally every one of them was mis-identifying some of their actual muscles as fat, disgusting "bingo wings". Do they sometimes have some extra fat or skin? Sure. But part of what they think is fat or skin is actually muscle. For many of us, our body image is so distorted, that we mis-identify our nice, relaxed muscles as ugly fat (or loose skin) and hate on them.

Make sure you're not doing that. Then keep working out, especially strength exercises, and getting to a healthy body weight, to improve the rest. If there's loose skin involved, it can take some time to shrink back, even after the weight loss. My loose skin has continued shrinking, even into my 2nd year of weight maintenance. The whole process isn't super-speedy, but it works.

This. But yeah, I've been maintaining for 3 years now, and even when I flex there's still a bit of loose skin in there, giving that effect (more on the right arm too). But if I wave... UGH.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

No idea, I clicked on the thread to find out. :lol:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IT'S NOT ARM FAT!!!!

p.s. love ya, niner.
    Lol, well okay some fat and excess skin hang.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Keep exercizing, stay hydrated, hope for the best. Sometimes the skin shrinks, sometimes it doesn't.