• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Also any kind of out with old - in with new stories about anything doesn't need to be bras.

C'mon let's keep this thread going

I have a hard time letting go of shoes. Like running shoes, I know you are supposed to replace them and when I do I notice a difference...but it takes me a while to actually throw shoes away. They usually sit in my car as "just in case" backups.

I have the same problem with running shoes. I need good shoes that are pretty expensive just for running intervals 3 days a week. No major distances. So I get a pair about once a year and usually they're in perfect condition since I only wore them on the treadmill. I keep them for walking my dog so I don't have to wear the brand news ones and risk getting them wet (if rainy/snowy) or messed up somehow. I also have a pair of really old ones in my desk drawer at work just in case.

good lord.... running shoes

so many

running is a rather compulsive sport favored by compulsive people..... and compulsive searching for the perfect running shoes.
    Also any kind of out with old - in with new stories about anything doesn't need to be bras.

I have a hard time letting go of shoes. Like running shoes, I know you are supposed to replace them and when I do I notice a difference...but it takes me a while to actually throw shoes away. They usually sit in my car as "just in case" backups.

I have the same problem with running shoes. I need good shoes that are pretty expensive just for running intervals 3 days a week. No major distances. So I get a pair about once a year and usually they're in perfect condition since I only wore them on the treadmill. I keep them for walking my dog so I don't have to wear the brand news ones and risk getting them wet (if rainy/snowy) or messed up somehow. I also have a pair of really old ones in my desk drawer at work just in case.

so many

running is a rather compulsive sport favored by compulsive people..... and compulsive searching for the perfect running shoes.

Very true. So now I have a pair of my older Brooks for dog walking/general errands and stuff, my new Brooks for the treadmill and my Reebok Nano's for lifting. All sitting on the floor right inside my front door. lol

I love Asics, I wont even try anything else.

After much trial and error I found back in 2007 that the Asics Gel Foundations fit me perfectly and allow me to walk or run endlessly with no foot pain. The perfect shoe for me. I've gone through several pairs since then. It's nice when you find the perfect shoe.

Asics were the go-to for years until they changed the material on the upper.

Now it's Brooks or Saucony for running and Nike or Reebok for training..... and DMT or Sidi for cycling.

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    You had a bra for 6 years?! I can't even keep a guy for more than two and you can keep a bra for 6 years?!

Actually thinking about it. It's much longer than that. More like 8-9 years no joke. I miscalculated

You should be jailed for mistreatment of the Mammary Muzzles. :D

You're loyal, I give you that.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    You had a bra for 6 years?! I can't even keep a guy for more than two and you can keep a bra for 6 years?!

We're not nearly as useful, and much easier to replace

When I get bored of my bras,they start irritating me or just get old I burn them in like some feminist ritual.

Same with men.

I wish I could give more than 1 Awesome for this post
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Every girl should buy and wear cute bras and underwear!! And that fit properly.

I love pretty and fun underwear! I have way more than I need, I should stop buying them! Socks too, I have way more than I need!

I have no ratty old bras, underwear or socks, life is too short to wear ugly clothes!

I know it's stupid and perhaps morbid, but I do think about if I die or get in an accident and someone sees my underwear I want them to be nice! So stupid sounding as I type this out.

A good reason for wearing nice underwear is you never know who might end up seeing it...whether you have a wardrobe malfunction or get lucky!

I like knowing that my bras and underwear are cute, even if no one sees them.

One thing I have a hard time with is finding a good running bra. I have thrown out hundreds of dollars worth of new bras because they end up chaffing me until I bleed. I finally found one but its been discontinued. Reminds me to check Amazon.

If it's an emergency, they're cutting that sucker off. Been there, done that. I was sad because it was my favorite bra and shirt. But I guess saving me from respiratory failure was more important. :confused:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I guess I better go get fitted...
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »

When I get bored of my bras,they start irritating me or just get old I burn them in like some feminist ritual.

Same with men.

My hero

vjyiacwiam62.jpg
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »

Same with men.

My hero

vjyiacwiam62.jpg

Finally
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    fjmartini wrote: »
    From a logistics standpoint, unhooking the 3 hook assembly has always given me so much anxiety.

Just came up with a new invention {Velcro bra} designed for the man with an aversion to the 3 hook variety. I'm gona be rich !! $$$$$$$$$$

I'm too late they are already penetrating the market. Someone got there 1st :disappointed:

Have you ever watched 'Better Call Saul'

No should I?

You look like the main female lead. It's a compliment. :)

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that. Except that character on Saul doesnt have DD"s
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

so many

so many

Very true. So now I have a pair of my older Brooks for dog walking/general errands and stuff, my new Brooks for the treadmill and my Reebok Nano's for lifting. All sitting on the floor right inside my front door. lol

I love Asics, I wont even try anything else.

After much trial and error I found back in 2007 that the Asics Gel Foundations fit me perfectly and allow me to walk or run endlessly with no foot pain. The perfect shoe for me. I've gone through several pairs since then. It's nice when you find the perfect shoe.

Asics were the go-to for years until they changed the material on the upper.

Now it's Brooks or Saucony for running and Nike or Reebok for training..... and DMT or Sidi for cycling.

Brooks Ghost is my go to. They get better each time too

thanks!

that's all the motivation I need to buy a pair and try 'em out

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Like you OP, I finally got properly fitted a few years back and found I was a DD too ..no wonder they were always so uncomfortable Id been wearing the wrong cup size for years I think.
    Btw whoever said bras were cheap..
    $89 each for mine and there are many way more expensive.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My new fav bra is actually a sports bra. The Free To Be Serene from lululemon. Love it! The straps are so awesome. I plan on buying all the pretty colours!