Any good tuna recipies?

Options
JeremiahStone
JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
My family loves tuna. Unfortunately the way they make it isn't the best. I know tunas high in protein so I'm not gonna just shrug it off but does anyone have any recipies that taste good? Haha thanks!

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Grilled Citrus Tuna (allrecipes.com)

Ingredients

1/2 cup orange juice
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1 teaspoon oregano, dried
    1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
    salt and ground black pepper to taste
    2 (6 ounce) fresh tuna steaks

Directions

In a large bowl, combine orange juice, olive oil, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Place the tuna steaks in the bowl, turn to coat both sides with marinade; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
    Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
    Remove tuna from the marinade and shake off excess. Place tuna onto preheated grill and cook to desired doneness, about 5 minutes per inch for medium-rare or 10 minutes per inch for medium-well.
  • daniey89
    daniey89 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey there

my boyfriend makes the best tuna pie in my opinion and it is really easy. Just sautee some onion and make a low fat white sauce. Then add a tin of creamed corn, a large tin of tuna (in springwater) and some cooked brocolli. mix it all together and put into a dish and top with mashed sweet potato or potato and sprinkle a little bit of cheese. Yummy!! ooh and bake until golden
  • duvlady
    duvlady Posts: 4
    Options
    Tuna Salad

Shredded Lettuce
    Light Mayo
    Tuna
    Green Onion
    Optional: cheddar cheese
    Optional: tomatoes on side
    Optional: boiled egg, sliced on side

Mix canned tuna and mayo. Put a hefty spoonful on top of prepared lettuce on each plate.
    Sprinkle green onion or some cheddar cheese on top. Nice and cool for a hot summer day lunch.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
  • misslyssx
    Options
    Tunathewonderfish.com has a lot of recipes.

My favorite is a tuna bean salad.

1/2 cup red kidney beans canned
    1 cup green beans fresh or frozen
    2 oz canned tuna
    Lemon juice
    Salad leaves, spinach is a good choice.

I just refrigerate the beans, tuna, and green beans for a couple hours.

It's a good amount of food for around 200 calories.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I went thru a phase when I made this southwestern riff on tuna salad all the time. Never wrote down the recipe, now wishing I had... I remember that the juices in the ingredients added to the tuna was enough to moisten things up with out adding oil or mayo

I'm guessing at amounts... I never measure anything.

1 can of tuna
    2 tbls black beans
    2 tbls corn
    1-2 oz roasted red peppers
    2-3 artichoke hearts

I"m feeling like I've forgotten a key ingredient, maybe pitted kalamata olives would go nicely?
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I just made tuna salad yesterday for lunch, I used a little light mayo, and added some red wine vinegar, celery, and diced onion. Put it on light toasted Wonder smart bread. Yum!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    yum... I want to know too!
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    bump. I take canned tuna mix in some chopped garlic onions peppers and peanuts, add eggd and make little tuna patties and saute them, amazing!
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    I use
    1 can tuna
    2 tbsp light mayo
    2 tbsp dijon or spicy mustard
    1/2 onion finely chopped
    pickle chopped up

mix and spread over wasa crackers
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! These sound awesome!
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as ghetto as it sounds, I use the Birdseye Steam Fresh Whole Grain Brown Rice and the Starkist packets and mix them together. I barely have any time during the week to make anything because of my ridiculous schedule, but this, even if eaten alone, is an amazingly filling "recipe".