How are my FL people holding up?

Options
Gaygirl2120
Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
I'm stressing so bad over this storm that is headed our way. I've already been to 3 stores this morning & cant find water

Replies

• classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OmG I am scared to. Do you live in the Miami area?
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Since you're unable to find water, I'd begin finding sterile containers; within your home and/or buying them, to store tap water! Even fill the bathtub, for water; to bathe within!
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options

Fort Lauderdale
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I'm blown away at how serious this thing has gotten.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    I'm stressing so bad over this storm that is headed our way. I've already been to 3 stores this morning & cant find water

Yeah I'm searching as well. Hope you find some!
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    ZodFit wrote: »

Try smaller chains. I found some water at Sedanos. But Publix & Walmart have nothing.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am more north, but even here people are buying it all up. I was able to get a case or two, but most people had loaded 15+ into their carts.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    ElizIvory wrote: »
    I am more north, but even here people are buying it all up. I was able to get a case or two, but most people had loaded 15+ into their carts.

Stocking up to resell more than likely
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

I hope not, that'd be pretty *kitten*. I live around a lot of older folks, I think they just panic.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    My husband is in Miami and planning to ride it out. My daughter is in Pensacola (Military) and waiting on an evac notice. My other daughter and I will be in Georgia praying until this passes and we hear all is ok.

I am on pins and needles waiting and worrying. I feel so helpless. I am usually the one that jumps in and fixes things - this one is out of my control.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

Fort Lauderdale

Prayers with you, too!!!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I'm in northeast Florida, and we evacuated last fall for Matthew. Right now we're just keeping an eye on the trajectory. We'll fuel up the cars and buy some extra bottles of water, but mostly we're waiting to see which path the storm seems likely to take. My parents are four hours south of us, and if the storm looks like it's going to hit them and spare us, I'll probably have them drive up here...with my 95-year-old grandma who lives closer to the coast than any of us.
  • ZodFit
    Options
    ZodFit wrote: »

Try smaller chains. I found some water at Sedanos. But Publix & Walmart have nothing.

Yeah I just tried 2 publics and Wal-Mart. I'm about to try that. I gotta see if there's sedanos here I know they have em in sofla
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Stay safe, everyone! I'm in Boca Raton and there's nothing left in the stores -- no water, ice, paper goods, batteries, canned food, propane. We're putting the shutters up tomorrow and we're ready to hunker down. Hope we keep our roof!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

I hope not, that'd be pretty *kitten*. I live around a lot of older folks, I think they just panic.

It's illegal to price gouge and should be reported to the local attorney general.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Get a grip. Follow the directions from your government. Panic will only lead to increased anxiety.
  • ZodFit
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Get a grip. Follow the directions from your government. Panic will only lead to increased anxiety.

It's not really urgent. I just need water.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options

Well we are going to evacuate anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter at this point.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options

Well we are going to evacuate anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Please don't get hurt! You're beautiful and nice.