Pleasantly shocked: I lost 16.6kg (36.5 pounds) in my first week on keto diet

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    15-20 in one week, even the first week, is QUITE unusual. 5-10 in the first two weeks is something that happens frequently as the water weight is shed, but not more than that (barring VLCD, possibly).
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    why the *kitten* almost every one is calculating the amount of fat?

15-20 lbs is not unusual in the first week and its no secret!

all together: you simply dont know how it works, so therefore - even if it is not true - ashame yourself by telling to buy a new cell...

Laut auflachen!
    giphy.gif
  • CarolynG93
    CarolynG93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There MUST be a typo.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    da kannst schon laut auflachen @TicoCortez

nur weil du es nicht verstehst muss es nicht heissen, dass es nicht funktioniert!

Fe-E
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Gentlemen,
    English, please!
  • akagoldengirl
    akagoldengirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    Big long post with lots of sharing of ideas, some interesting. A couple caught my attention:

Secret boards on pinterest for hot clothes. Heck ya! Stealing that idea!

Lymphatic massage. This is actually healthy and there are professionals who get paid to do it for you (but you can learn how yourself). Good reminder to learn how.

Cold wash at the end of hot shower. Sounds fun? (Actually it does because it's been high 90's-100 in my neck of the woods). I think this may have some health benefits because the Scandinavians do it, right? Hot sauna, then jump in the icy lake.

Best idea OP posted - get up and get dressed in workout clothes, have herbal tea, write positive thoughts in journal and go for a walk. B)

Regardless of the actual weight loss, OP is making a lifestyle change and seeing positive benefits. Just wanted to give her some props! Keep going, but if you continue to see such a huge weight loss in a short amount of time that might warrant a doctor visit.

Thank you so much, I appreciate you seeing this RaeBeeBaby! :smile:

• sjibarra
    sjibarra Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Keto for 3 years now and have done a lot of research over that time. Headaches are normal as your body learns to burn stored fat instead of eaten carbs and your electrolytes need to be evened out (usually an indication to me that I need more salt).

Although I have NEVER heard of someone losing that much weight in one week (unless they were dead....) and your magical one week is HIGHLY unsustainable, I wish you well on your journey. Hopefully this is your miracle way of life.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I think the answer is obvious; there's a magical weight loss Leprechaun that accompanies her on her morning walks who consumes her "water weight" and Chinese pixies that add special supplements to her daily herbal tea. The Leprechaun escaped from the guys who run all the "Trainers hate him" sites, and the pixies used to work for Extenze.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Skymnigen it's hard to understand since you're not here.

I had headaches the first 3 or 4 days. But healing reactions are common. Traditional Chinese medicin teaches them. When people begin to heal they have sick type of symptoms as the toxins release. It's not a bad thing and it's not permanent.

I did not try to "understand" anything that you did not write yourself.
    As previously ask: What toxins? And also, you conveniently ignored that I referred to headaches AND sleeping 2-3 hours. 2-3 hours are not a "healthy midday nap". It is a sign of an exhausted body.
    You don't understand that I have been through this myself, eating way too little and ignoring the early signs. Going through an intermediate phase of being fine and then... crashing. Not as badly as I could have, but badly enough to wake me up. And I was not even on half of the deficit that you must have.
    I'm definitely not malnourished.. I feel better than I have in years.
    There is a difference between "I feel" and "I am". Your psyche and your believe in this progress make you feel good. People even can feel happy while dying. Or while fasting, while working crazy long shifts. It is hormones.
    But in this case it all makes sense and feels right. I was over DOUBLE my ideal body weight. Your body really wants to release that fat, so it comes of quick.
    The body "wants" nothing. That is the psyche. The body does. And it will not lose fat faster than it biochemically can. If that bowel movement was not the first in a month, it included maximally what you had eaten since the last one. Which was probably not that much. Which was probably why it accumulated for a while. (Been there, done that, too.) You don't lose (stored) fat through bowel movement. It's not melting off. You have to metabolise it and literally breathe it out (as CO2).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Can you clarify the part about the shoes? I think I have been doing it all wrong this whole time... see I wear my shoes when I make tea/coffee, but then I take them off to go up and down the stairs. Oh man, thank goodness I saw this thread just in time!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    I think the answer is obvious; there's a magical weight loss Leprechaun that accompanies her on her morning walks who consumes her "water weight" and Chinese pixies that add special supplements to her daily herbal tea. The Leprechaun escaped from the guys who run all the "Trainers hate him" sites, and the pixies used to work for Extenze.

My money's on pishtaco https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pishtaco

In all seriousness, that rate of weight loss is questionable, at best, and certainly not sustainable. I hope you're prepared for the long haul.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I believe that you probably lost a great amount of weight, but 36 pounds in a week seems like WAY too much unless you were miscalculating what you ate, and subsequently ended up under eating..
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I believe that you probably lost a great amount of weight, but 36 pounds in a week seems like WAY too much unless you were miscalculating what you ate, and subsequently ended up under eating..

Interesting, even complete fasting, wouldn't result in a 36.5 lbs loss in week.
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1398058548015.gif
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    steveko89 wrote: »

My money's on pishtaco https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pishtaco

In all seriousness, that rate of weight loss is questionable, at best, and certainly not sustainable. I hope you're prepared for the long haul.

This is the only explanation!

In spite of the fact that I have been accused of *being* a pishtaco, I am not totally clear on how it works...pretty sure you don't come out of it alive though!