Keto diet??

2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    rfrenkel77 wrote: »
    I'm coaching/cooking for my wife on keto plan, and I'm on it myself. It's totally sustainable for us. She went from 167 to 151 in 3.5 month, her goal is 130. High fat is great for appetite control for her and her cravings are gone. Some one was crying that recipes are hard on keto, nonsense, just eat simple and real food. Nothing takes longer then 5 min. Unless you throw salmon in the oven for 30 min, but you are not doing any work. Here's my sample day:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs 1 Hebrew National jumbo frank. Coffee with half and half. 450 cals
    Lunch: 7 Brazil nuts. 150 cals
    Dinner. Avocado salad with oil, cheese cubes, and 4 oz fatty farm raised salmon or 4oz 80/20 ground beef/lamb patty. Cook with real butter. 900 cals. I'm 5'9 155lb male, able to maintain this eight and have energy to train every other day. Good luck.

FIFY. Your welcome!
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    pros - none
    cons - you can't eat carbs

just eat in a sensible deficit, hit micros and macros,and follow some kind of exercise routine..

LOVE THIS! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm coaching/cooking for my wife on keto plan, and I'm on it myself. It's totally sustainable.

Whether it's sustainable or not depends on the person.

I agree it is for some people.

Agree it takes no longer and is no more complicated than any other way to eat.

You and I have a different idea of what a good menu would be (I like to plan meals around vegetables and protein), but that's cool, people have different ideas of what works for them, which is why you cannot say that keto works (as in is sustainable and satisfying and satiating) for everyone.

I actually got to my ideal body weight with portion control and will power. With classic carbs and low fat. I have not heard of keto until 3.5 months ago. My wife has no will power to tolerate hunger, so when keto suppressed her hunger and cravings it was a miracle. It works for her, that all that matters. Oh yeah her mom a type2 who I got try low carb, is loosing weight and halving her meds. So that's 2 people benefiting

What does that have to do with what she actually said? She never said that people couldn't benefit...she said that sustainability would be individual which is true...there's no way in hell I could do keto.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    The biggest con I've found with keto.
    If your lean you will look aweful carb
    Depleted, it's the worst I've ever looked.