Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Options
2»

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    You just keep on doing you. You look fantastic! *Kitten* the haters.
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Can't you just say (assuming it's true) my doctor is pleased with my health. Also feel free to invite them to your next physical if they want to get more involved in your personal life.

If you're satisfied with your appearance and your doctor is not concerned about any disorder then maybe stop looking for how others are looking at you.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Wow. I like doing cardio, too, and it would just blow my mind if someone stopped me to make a point about whether I was doing too much of the exercise I enjoy, or that my body was looking unhealthy as a result. (The only comment I've ever received at my gym was another woman told me that it looked like my form on squats was wrong, and I should talk to an instructor about proper form. I appreciated that, actually, and was able to master doing it right). I'm impressed at your discipline. I guess if I was getting flak from the trainers, I'd ask a manager if part of their training was to shame their clients.
  • lyddiebugster
    lyddiebugster Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Be proud of all your hard work and maintaining for 8 months.

The reaction of those toxic people is a sign that you are on the right track. Strength in weakness girl xxx
  • cooldrin13
    cooldrin13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As Madeline Albright said "there's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women."

Find your support system and don't let horrible people get you down. You did it! You inspire me!
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need some folks to say you look good. You do.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Their attitude is a reflection of their own sorry issues. You look great.
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You do you! You are beautiful.
  • Next_J3n3ration
    Options
    You look great! Don't worry about them, so many humans waste far too much time dwelling on negativity! I've also been harassed this way my whole life, and still enjoy the gym and healthy eating. You're doing the right thing and I hope you keep it up, without carrying the weight of their words with you. Haters gonna hate! Keep on rocking.
  • ChelaRocks
    ChelaRocks Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been skinny and hot when I was young and chubby and "not-so-hot" as I am now close to 60 and I can tell you that no matter what size, shape, or weight you are, there are going to be women who hate you because of something... anything. It really is just THEIR problem and to tell you the truth, if you seek to please everyone you meet, you will end up a really unhappy person with people hating you because you are so flaky...hahaha. So, just work to feel good about yourself and the rest of the people can go into therapy if they cannot deal with their own issues.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with @wellnesschaser it is their own issues that is causing them to react that way. Even though it is geared toward you, it has nothing to do with you.

Sounds like you were polite in that situation as well. Good for you! I am not so good at holding my tongue when someone brings negativity. Sounds like you need a new place to workout.