Can somebody tell me what the kitchen sink is used fot

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I hand wash dishes because my dishwasher doesn't work. It is my extra drying rack particularly for pots and pans.
    Dirty dishes get rinsed and put in or near the kitchen sink until I wash them usually once a day. I have a double sink. One side (right) gets filled with hot soapy water and the other (left) with plain hot water. Dishes then go to a drying rack to air dry.
    We have not had issues with insects.
    When I used the dishwasher for washing dishes I rinsed off dishes right away and loaded it as the day went but others in the house usually just put things in the sink.

My kitchen sink has also been used for washing food, doing laundry by hand, bathing small animals, washing rocks, washing hands, washing refrigerator shelves and drawers.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Sink is for piling up the dishes until you are finally ready to empty the dishwasher and start it again. Lol.

My mom would die if she read that.

This happens more often than I would like to admit :)
  • RaevnW6
    RaevnW6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Dishwashers?

I do remember them. It's just that I haven't had one in so long. Apartment owners just don't like them for some reason. I suppose because they have to repair them and pay the water bill, etc.

In the past I'd wait until the growth in the sink started moving on its own. You always want to get it cleaned up before the mess in there becomes sentient. These days, I just let the dishes sit in the sink until Saturday and apply bachelor's rule #62: No one eats on Saturday till the kitchen is clean.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If you are not hand washing them, they go in the dishwasher. Once it is is full run it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I put the dishes in the sink until there are too many of them, or I have time to take care of it, then I prerinse them to remove the stuff and put them in the dishwasher when it's getting too much. I can't imagine leaving a dishwasher load of dishes in my sink (besides, it wouldn't fit!).