2»

Replies

• MagickRain
    MagickRain Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    MagickRain wrote: »
    Have you tried setting an appropriate calorie goal for your height and weight, and logging food intake consistently? That works.

Yes I have as it was one of many plans set by my doctor. I have had hundreds of tests ran to see if there is a medical problem blocking my weight loss and all of them came back negitive. I just have no clue why I don't loose weight when I do increase activity and decrease caloric intake.
    You have to do it for real, not just "pretend" - read the link ISweat4This provided.

Wow.... Thanks for the pep talk. You sound like my ex

I like how you focused on that and not ANY OTHER HELPFUL response

Because I didn't helpful there. I was being told I was pretending to follow a plan or diet. That's wrong when the person who said it is not me and does not know me.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Have you tried setting an appropriate calorie goal for your height and weight, and logging food intake consistently? That works.

Yes I have as it was one of many plans set by my doctor. I have had hundreds of tests ran to see if there is a medical problem blocking my weight loss and all of them came back negitive. I just have no clue why I don't loose weight when I do increase activity and decrease caloric intake.
    You have to do it for real, not just "pretend" - read the link ISweat4This provided.

Wow.... Thanks for the pep talk. You sound like my ex

I like how you focused on that and not ANY OTHER HELPFUL response

Because I didn't helpful there. I was being told I was pretending to follow a plan or diet. That's wrong when the person who said it is not me and does not know me.

What I'm saying is that you've got to stay positive. Don't focus on the negative comments. Some times we say things that may come off harshly online without meaning to but this thread is filled with so many amazing suggestions!!

We just want for you to succeed, to find something that works for YOUR situation, and to realized that there are so many different ways to approach this weight loss thing. You don't have to go low carb or "health" food or keto or anything else. Just count and log your calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ...and you still haven't opened your food diary for us to help you.

Unless you've been logging food consistently, you can't really expect to know where you are as far as intake. You and your wife can work out your food differences, it's cheap to eat regardless of her additional needs.

Open your food diary.
  • darlenee15195
    darlenee15195 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp consistently for a month, I've been exercising more days than not for about two months. These two factors have helped me lose 14.4 lbs so far without really "trying". My husband is on a keto diet, I am not. What has changed is we barely ever dine out anymore due to his restrictions. One meal out can add up to a full day's calorie count easily, and also lead to not great food decisions overall. If you would like, I can share my food diaries with you to give you an idea what my food looks like. I eat eggs and toast every day, I have solid dinners, I still eat potatoes. It's just all homemade. And my grocery bills are reasonable.
  • aeloine
    Options
    I've been using mfp consistently for a month, I've been exercising more days than not for about two months. These two factors have helped me lose 14.4 lbs so far without really "trying". My husband is on a keto diet, I am not. What has changed is we barely ever dine out anymore due to his restrictions. One meal out can add up to a full day's calorie count easily, and also lead to not great food decisions overall. If you would like, I can share my food diaries with you to give you an idea what my food looks like. I eat eggs and toast every day, I have solid dinners, I still eat potatoes. It's just all homemade. And my grocery bills are reasonable.

What an amazing experience! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • nreeve0613
    nreeve0613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Intermittent Fasting? It is basically fasting for 12-16 hours a day and eating for 8. For example, I do it and I only eat between 11 am and 7 pm (you choose the 8 hour window that works for you). You eat your normal daily calorie goal in that time frame. What happens is this gives your body and digestive system a chance to rest and reset without constantly processing sugars and insulin spikes and hormonal releases due to food intake. Not everything works for everyone, but I am so happy I tried this as it works wonders for me. Do some research on it. FYI, outside of your eating window, you can have unlimited water, tea and coffee and if you are starving, any snacks under 50 calories (like apples) are free! Good Luck!
  • MagickRain
    Options

Unless you've been logging food consistently, you can't really expect to know where you are as far as intake. You and your wife can work out your food differences, it's cheap to eat regardless of her additional needs.

Open your food diary.

I will open my food diary but the history you find will be sporatic because I seem to be a certified device killer lol :P that's not saying I haven't been tracking just not always with MFP
  • aeloine
    Options

Open your food diary.

I will open my food diary but the history you find will be sporatic because I seem to be a certified device killer lol :P that's not saying I haven't been tracking just not always with MFP

Today is a good day to commit to logging consistently! You don't even have to do it on a device - you can do it on your work computer or your laptop when you get home!

Try logging for 3 weeks consistently and come back to give us an update!
  • MagickRain
    Options

Open your food diary.

Today is a good day to commit to logging consistently! You don't even have to do it on a device - you can do it on your work computer or your laptop when you get home!

Try logging for 3 weeks consistently and come back to give us an update!

I didn't know I could log from my computer xD *facepalm* now I really feel blonde!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

Open your food diary.

Cool - I really think it's the most effective weight-loss tool there is.

No excuses!! I see there are only a few days you've got logged, and unless you didn't log everything even those days are incomplete.

Like @aeloine said, log consistently for a month and see if it doesn't make a difference.