Diet friendly way to satisfy chocolate craving?

Replies

• Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    I've made protein brownies which have bananas, chocolate protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and peanut butter. I also include some dark chocolate chips. They are about 150 calories each with about 7 grams of protein for each brownie. To me they are somewhat fudge like. You can look up 4-ingredient protein brownies to get the recipe. The dark chocolate chips were added on my part to get more chocolate in, so calories would be less without them.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    I just mix cocoa powder with stuff.

I mix it with greek yogurt and stevia or honey and dip strawberries in it, which is delicious and high in protein.

I add it to milk and a touch of stevia or honey for homemade chocolate milk. I even add it to flax milk and coconut milk.

Sometimes I take the cocoa powder and make hot cocoa.

I love me some cocoa powder.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    What are some good products that satisfy a chocolate craving? Obviously low-cal. Could be low-carb or low-fat.

I've grown quite fond of the Atkins chocolate candies, the imitation M&Ms. Looking for other ideas.

Bonus points for high-protein

Lately I have been taking 1 cup of fage 2% plain greek yogurt and mixing in 2T of chocolate ovaltine. So far IMO it's the best high protein (20 grams per cup) "chocolate pudding" I've had...
  • jamesmburns90
    jamesmburns90 Posts: 10 Member
    Make your own protein bars using chocolate flavoured whey, rice flour, low fat butter (or coconut oil if on low carb high fat) etc etc. There are plenty of recipes out there man.
    I once made "bulking cookies" using optimal nutritions serious mass gainer. They tasted great.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    jdlobb wrote: »
    When you're saying "satisfy chocolate craving", you're implying they can be satisfied, so there is no reason to jump through any hoops - have a small amount of whatever you fancy most, and log it, and you'll easily stay within your calorie goal.

um. ok. that's nice, but not particularly helpful. Of course you can just eat whatever you want and log the calories.

I'm trying to figure out way to eat MORE, or better, without adding extra calories.
    It's meant to be helpful. Why do you want to eat more? Has overeating been good for you so far?

There is such a thing as volume eating.

Maybe ask some of the people on the Volume Eating thread & see if they have any good ideas for chocolate desserts.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Coffee works for me, although I can't explain why. If it's a DefCon5 chocolate craving, I'll put chocolate powder in the coffee.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    Halo Top kills two birds with one stone for me. Chocolate and Ice cream.

Love the Halo Top Chocolate Almond Crunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Just a square of good quality dark chocolate.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    I really like the nak'd cocoa orange flavour bars - they're almost entirely fruit and nut squished together and they taste amazing! They're about 140kcal if I remember rightly, but also have enough fruit to count as a portion of fruit so quite filling, plus the nuts add some protein :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    2 finger kitkat! 100 calories. Another option is tiny chocolate chips, the tinier the better. If you eat them one by one letting each melt inside your mouth, a small amount last long and feels substantial. I also like jello sugar free chocolate pudding.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    I made this yesterday. It was delicious! Really chocolate-y....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3mTU0nlXc

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I just eat chocolate :) 85% cocoa dark chocolate is good to just have a few small squares, but I also get small chocolate bars like a Cadbury's flake which are 133 kcal. Does the trick :)
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Traders Joe's has little dark chocolate wedges in a round tin by the register that are 40 calories each. Nice that they are portioned out. Dole dark chocolate covered frozen banana slices "Dippers" are very good for 100 calories. Fudgesicles. Also, Special K makes a chocolate flavored cereal.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Chocolate Halo Top or a brkwnie flavored Quest bar.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    If I want chocolate, I eat chocolate and make it fit into my calories/macros for the day.

If it doesn't quite fit into my calories/macros when it's all said and done, I shrug my shoulders, move on, and focus on how freaking good that chocolate tasted. I didn't lose all the weight in one day, and I'm not going to gain it all back in one day just because I ate a chocolate bar.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    0mpx6chgbipi.jpeg
    Love in a cup, 44 calories.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Hershey's miniatures are 46 cals each. One or two is still less than 100 cals.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Chocolate lollipops from Sees are only 80 calories and take a long time to eat.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Chocolate lollipops from Sees are only 80 calories and take a long time to eat.

That's a good point! I like the chocolate Tootsie Pops - 65 calories, and they take a while too. Only thing is I don't like how they stick to my teeth... ;)
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Cocoa powder. Add to hot milk for a hot chocolate and ricotta cheese and honey for chocolate mousse