Leslie Sansone - Walking at Home - August Challenge

Options
I just found out about the Walking at Home videos last month and decided to join the July Challenge. I completed 31 miles when my goal was 30 miles. Didn't see an August challenge up yet, so I thought I'd start it.

Choose whichever DVD(s) you're wanting to use, choose a mile goal, walk away those pounds, walk to be fit, and keep us updated of your progress!

For the month of August my goal is:

60 Miles
0 Miles Walked
60 Miles to go

Replies

• RebekahhAnn
    RebekahhAnn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am looking for an August Challenge since this month looks to be most difficult. I am a caregiver and my duties have increased. I really need an outlet for stress and encouragement to keep losing. I would like to join the August Challenge for walking. I will attempt the 31 miles. I now need to find a ticker to record my miles. Any suggestions?
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is 20 miles....not much, but more than I did last month.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Count me in for 35 miles! I am moving back to school and student teaching in a couple weeks so I hope I can do it!
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    I'm in for 20 miles!!
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!!! Since this is my first challenge, I have a question--are we talking 30 miles total for the month or per day?? Because I have Leslie's video at home, but I can only do one mile for now. LOL I could probably get up to two miles after a week, so I could set a goal of 30 for the month if that's ok!
  • macenro
    macenro Posts: 160
    Options
    I'd like to join!!! Since this is my first challenge, I have a question--are we talking 30 miles total for the month or per day?? Because I have Leslie's video at home, but I can only do one mile for now. LOL I could probably get up to two miles after a week, so I could set a goal of 30 for the month if that's ok!

It is whatever you think you can do for the month, and maybe add a little bit just to motivate yourself. So if you think you can do a mile per day than 30-40 miles would be a great goal for you.
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm excited! Since this is my first challenge, I'm going to start with 30 miles, and hopefully I can go over to 40 for the month! Thanks!! :)
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What a FAB challenge!! I'm ready. I'll set my goal for 40 miles! Here we go!!!!
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this! I have NEVER done a challenge yet so can't wait to get started. I have 2 leslie Sansone dvd's at home. I love her video's. So, I'm in. I want to set a goal of 35 miles.
  • macenro
    macenro Posts: 160
    Options
    I was thinking about making a spreadsheet a few day into the month to track everyone's progress and also to see if we can make it to our goals as a team.

Would people like that? I figure it might add some motivation to surpass your goals and help the team reach its overall goals.
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Also, feel free to add me for daily support. The more friends the merrier.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this month's challenge. I am keeping my goal at 120 miles because I am adding the Butt Bible to my workout. (now that i'm single I figure I should work on all areas!)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about making a spreadsheet a few day into the month to track everyone's progress and also to see if we can make it to our goals as a team.

Would people like that? I figure it might add some motivation to surpass your goals and help the team reach its overall goals.
    Love this idea!:love:

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this month's challenge. I am keeping my goal at 120 miles because I am adding the Butt Bible to my workout. (now that i'm single I figure I should work on all areas!)
    Ok, gotta know...what exactly is the "Butt Bible", another of her DVD's or... ?

TIA
    :flowerforyou:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Im in I just got one of her dvd's yesterday !!
    I will start with 30 miles
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this since June...can't same to reach my goal...therefore I am setting my gaol for 30 miles for August :smile:

I do spinning along with the walking DVD's so that's why my goal is kind of on the low side....want to reach it in August!!!

Goal: 30
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I haven't tried one yet, so I am kind of excited to see how I do! I am having motivational issues right now and maybe this is just what I need to get out of my funk!!

I think the idea of doing a spreadsheet to see if we all make goal as a team is a good one....if you really want to take on that challenge...lol

Since I am just starting out, I will aim for 30 miles...1 per day, and see how that goes!
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I have used the DVD's and think I can do at least 40 miles. My 10 year old son might even join me for some of this since he likes this too. I will keep track on paper and let me know how you plan to record the info. This sounds like the motivation I need!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm in going for 40 miles..can someone give me a link for a ticker
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in going for 40 miles..can someone give me a link for a ticker

I went to tickerfactory.com