The snacking phenomenon..

Options
13»

Replies

• LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    I only eat between 12-8 so I'll have 1 meal between 12-1 and my 2nd usually between 6-8. I'll usually fit in a couple of snacks in between and even possibly after my 2nd meal. If it fits into my cals....why not? ?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I snack because I enjoy it. Simple as that. Some people do best without snacking, others do best with. If I don't snack it feels like something is missing. Snacking is not a problem unless it is. If done within calories and it feels pleasant and natural to stick to calories without giving up snacks, then why would it even matter? Most of my snacking is done because I feel like it, not because I'm hungry, and I'm alright with that.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I never really remember to snack during the day. But I nearly always have a snack (protein shake, nuts, oat cakes...) before bed or else I can't sleep.
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My most calorific meal of the day on MFP is the one called 'snacks'!

Most of those are post-dinner snacks with my partner but I also usually snack during the day, especially at work. I find my job quite boring and repetitive most of the time and being bored makes my mind wander onto the thought of food. I do however try to plan my snacks into my day so that I leave at least 600-700 calories for the evening meal and post-dinner snacks. My meals are generally pretty small so despite being on a calorie-controlled diet I have lots of room for snacks.

One of the things that I've really noticed since starting to try to lose weight is how incredibly emotional my snacking triggers are. When I'm angry, stressed or sad the first thing I want to do is head to the kitchen. I'm trying to learn to control those impulses: sometimes a cup of tea can help perk me up for long enough to either get to the next mealtime or recognise that I'm not hungry :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I snack when I'm hungry.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I usually snack when I am craving salt. The 100 calories popcorn bags hit the spot