What would me your dream meal if calories did not matter?

I had a huge running day yesterday. My biggest ever since I started distance running. Believe it or not, I was not really all that hungry by the time I got home last night. I still managed 2500 calories, but you can only stuff yourself so much. Since my net negative was so crazy extreme yesterday, I can pretty much have a meal of whatever I want today will no ill effect. If you were me, what would you want to feast on?

b6ydzv7avm1o.jpeg

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    I second sushi.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Mexican with all of the extra cheese, guacamole and sour cream. And the chips. And margaritas!! Enjoy whatever you pick - you earned it!!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Poutine with a side of hot wings.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Homemade lemon garlic flavored fried chicken with roasted potatoes and carrots. Pineapple and vanilla ice cream for desert. Gin martini & ice tea with lots of lemon. Portions of the above more than one small bite.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    nrebe1xqdi1t.png

Sucks being a short girl - ran as many miles as you and I don't get nearly the same calories! Congrats on your long distance running milestone; no small feat to go that far in one day.

With that said, to answer your question, if I could eat anything for a meal, it would be an all you can eat Brazilian Steakhouse. I go 1x a month to a Rodizios and it's the highlight of my month for refueling from some major calorie deficits I can achieve at times. Highly recommend going to one! Otherwise... I second the "all the pizza" comment from another poster :-)
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    I almost always do wings and beer when I have major calorie burns like that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited September 2017
    If it was truly a IDAF I want to eat it meal? Pizza and beer.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    sofchak wrote: »
    nrebe1xqdi1t.png

Sucks being a short girl - ran as many miles as you and I don't get nearly the same calories! Congrats on your long distance running milestone; no small feat to go that far in one day.

With that said, to answer your question, if I could eat anything for a meal, it would be an all you can eat Brazilian Steakhouse. I go 1x a month to a Rodizios and it's the highlight of my month for refueling from some major calorie deficits I can achieve at times. Highly recommend going to one! Otherwise... I second the "all the pizza" comment from another poster :-)

@sofchak I know what you mean. I run so much that I am similarly racking up high deficits on a consistent basis. Distance running is a very calorically demanding activity. You are wise to take a day each month where you fuel the monster properly.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Freshly baked bread, Cheese (a variety) and Ice Wine✨
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Italy... I would eat my way through the entire country :p

Same!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    lets see I would have 2 foot long pizza subs, a pint of chocolate ice cream, and 6 chocolate chip cookies
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Another vote for sushi if you are going out with a few different people. It's always fun to share the experience with someone else.

If it's just you then may as well do Al's Italian Beef!!!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Another vote for sushi if you are going out with a few different people. It's always fun to share the experience with someone else.

If it's just you then may as well do Al's Italian Beef!!!

Not that I don't love typical Chicago take out stuff like Portillo's, Al's, Max's. Harold's, etc. but I can squeeze most of that stuff in on a normal day if I have lighter options for other meals. Now something like Malnati's? I have not set foot in that place in over a year :smile:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Boneless wings with a side of mac and cheese, and tap root beer.