Where did you lose fat when you began losing?

Options
So i'm measuring my body once a week to see where the inches come off from: arms, chest, waist, thighs etc - and I thought i'd ask where you first noticed or saw weight loss when you began?

My chest and neck lost fat first - ohh, if only it had been my thighs... !!

Replies

• spionen
    spionen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm losing everywhere except, apparently, my arms.

I finally felt shoulderblades yesterday for the first time (FELT, not SAW, but still). I'm definitely losing from my midsection because I've been able to fit into smaller-waisted pants recently, but it's hard to see because the *shape* of my stomach and sides has stayed almost exactly the same so far, just on a smaller scale.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The first place for me seemed to be my shoulders and face.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Depends how you look at it. I've lost the most in centimetres from my hips, but the greatest percentage of the starting measurements has actually been from my wrists which are 20% smaller than 4 months ago.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I've mostly been losing weight from everywhere at once, with a little bit extra coming off my belly. It's a little annoying as it makes it hard to see much difference, but hey, the numbers don't lie!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Face first, then bust, then back. My legs are muscular so they were the last to look significantly different.
  • melody14hall3253
    Options
    I have seen a reduction in my stomach such as waist and hips and my legs. My arms just reduced an inch or two
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    First was boobs and face, then stomach, and now 20lb later I'm starting to lose everywhere else
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I first noticed in my arms, face, and neck. Then my thighs, butt, and belly. It's been fairly even actually.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Boobs
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Face
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    First was neck and face. Then collarbone. I don't really carry weight in those areas so I only had a double chin when my weight was hovering in the range of 280-300 lb, and already had visible collarbone at 250 or so. Some of that is age (was losing most of my weight in mid 30s) but obviously everyone's different, too.

My lower belly and hips/thighs got smaller next, which showed up in how my clothes fit, pretty drastic changes in a short time in that area. Next my hands and forearms, which was annoying because I have oddly small/thin hands for the rest of my body even at my HW.

Next I started to notice my bras weren't fitting properly and I still have a large cup size even after 130 lb loss, but a lot of that was back fat I lost. It seemed like that went away all at once and my back suddenly looked very very different.

Last for me is always my upper abdomen right around the waist area...nearly impossible for me to see a noticeable difference there, even when I'm losing inches there it is still the last to go. At my lowest weight it's still a little bit of a spare tire but the minute I go up 5 lb, it's noticeable again so that is what I battle with most.
  • ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Neck and bust
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Face then arms were the first two places
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hips, thighs and bust.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite; lost chest and legs first, wish it had been my stomach! My tummy is as stubborn as I am. I feel like whatever your body shape is, your body will maintain that shape as long as it possibly can. We'll all look different at different times in our journey.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My legs, upper and lower, have had the most significant impact (thanks running!!!).
    Face has also lost a lot, and everywhere else has just lost an "all over" reduction. I've lost 45 pounds.

The area I am now desperately wanting gone is my tummy and love handles. Especially love handles!
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I lose from my stomach first, which probably makes some people jealous. The one time in my life I could see some abs I still was at almost 20% bf, when I was 19. But I hold on to fat in my love handles and thighs like crazy, and it's super stubborn. Even when I came out of boot camp wearing a size 34 jeans and with my abs starting to come through I still had terrible love handles.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hands and feet, wedding ring down 2 sizes, feet down 1 shoe size, then upper arms, face & belly