Diet friendly way to satisfy chocolate craving?

124»

Replies

• Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Clif Kid Organic Z bar, chocolate brownie flavor. 130 calories. Filling & satisfies my chocolate craving every time
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'm a big fan of 60 calorie sugar-free Jello pudding cups.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    0mpx6chgbipi.jpeg
    Love in a cup, 44 calories.
    Recipe please? Thank you!
  • jessica43062
    jessica43062 Posts: 12 Member
    I need additional calcium in my diet and have been combining that with chocolate cravings by eating the Adore chocolate calcium supplements. 30 calories, 2 g sugar and 500 mg calcium. Sugar comes from cane, there aren't weird ingredients and they're organic.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited September 2017
    zcb94 wrote: »
    0mpx6chgbipi.jpeg
    Love in a cup, 44 calories.
    Recipe please? Thank you!
    It's just a latte made with unsweetened silk brand almond milk, 1/2 square Lindt 85% dark chocolate, and cinnamon. Love added by my husband who likes using the cappuccino machine, which is honestly one of the best Christmas gifts I ever got. It wasn't that expensive and we use it every day! If you don't have a cappuccino machine you can make coffee the regular way and I'm told you can foam milk by shaking it in a mason jar and microwaving it.
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    I've been making skinny peanut butter cups, which are working wonders to curb my chocolate cravings! Only 76kj (18 cal) per serve, handy because they are kept in the freezer, so it takes about 10 mins to defrost (which means I'm less likely to mindlessly eat them!). Combination from a couple of recipes I found online.
    Chocolate Layer:
    60ml almond milk
    70g plain Greek yogurt
    20g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
    15g vanilla protein powder
    pinch of salt
    20g sweetvia

Peanut Butter Layer:
    30g PB2
    water
    pinch of salt
    10g sweetvia

In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the chocolate layer and stir until everything is well combined. In a separate small bowl, combine ingredients for the peanut butter layer (add water until powder becomes smooth like creamy peanut butter) and stir until everything is well combined. Both mixtures should be free of clumps and creamy (use a mixer if needed).

Line mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners. Pour 1 tsp of the chocolate mixture into each liner, then pop in the freezer to harden up for 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and follow with 1 tsp of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate layer, and finish off by pouring 1 tsp of the chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter layer.

Place muffin tin in the freezer and freeze for 1-2 hours. Makes about 15pcs. Enjoy!
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    Halo Top kills two birds with one stone for me. Chocolate and Ice cream.

Seconding Halo Top! I didn't even eat a lot of ice cream before I started counting calories, but I'll buy Halo Top when I have a craving for dessert. Add some chopped up bananas or strawberries and it's amazing!

I think it's important to also let yourself indulge, though. If you want a Reese's, have one! If you have a small amount it won't add that many calories to your log.
    I don't forbid myself from having chocolate, and I found that it helps me a lot. Especially since I work in an all female office and we get a lot of cake lol. I bought a box of 18 chocolate bars and brought it to work two weeks ago, and so far I haven't even finished the Hershey's bar I started early last week.
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Fudge sickles or frozen pudding cups!
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    I have chocolate multiple times a day

1) post-workout/breakfast smoothie with 1-2 scoops of chocolate flavored whey protein
    2) mid-afternoon protein bar to stave off hunger - I recommend Quest and Fitjoy. Quest is high in protein and fiber, Fitjoy just high in protein, moderate-high in fiber depending on the bar
    3) MUST HAVE chocolate dessert of some sort - Fiber One bars/brownies, Kind bars, chocolate flavored greek yogurt
    4) I also end every day with a dessert tea. They can be quite decadent and at most are maybe 5 calories per cup. David's tea is my fave.

My diary is open if you are looking for more suggestions.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    edited September 2017
    I either drink a cup of no sugar added hot chocolate (70 calories) (with a handful of pretzels for that "sweet and savory" taste) or last night, I had a half cup of Halo Top Peanut Butter cup ice cream (80 calories) with real chocolate chunks. The Brookside dark chocolate covered dried fruits are really good too. My favorite is the dark chocolate covered blueberry and acai fruit. They also have other flavors and a serving of about 16 pieces is only 170 calories.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    25g or about 4 small squares of good quality dark chocolate usually does the trick for me or making a hot chocolate with cocoa and milk. Both are around the 100 cal mark. I do love dark chocolate.
  • cheekyfilly
    cheekyfilly Posts: 6 Member
    chocolate flavored protein powder?

I'm with you on this one. I have a chocolate protein shake as part of my breakfast. It's the only way I don't crave crap for the rest of the day!