Ladies without makeup. Yay or nay

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Ladies without makeup? Do they do that?

I haven't worn make up for 20 years, lol. Of course, 'lady' is subjective.
  • RichJBenham
    RichJBenham Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A ladies best outfit is their PJs and look "no filter" style. I see so many where i can't tell if they're real or mannequins
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am not even sure this matters but I'm southern and my mom feels like if you leave the house you should have make up on your face. I hate make up so I don't wear it often. I love other people's make up because they are really great at it but for me it's a nay.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    A ladies best outfit is their PJs and look "no filter" style. I see so many where i can't tell if they're real or mannequins

You don't like my boob job???
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Beauty is an illusion - appreciate a quick wit, a tender heart, a loving glance.

Beauty fades, character perseveres.
    I cannot agree with this. As a man, if a woman is not attractive to me, she is off my radar. How do I get into her tenDDer heart???? Or hearts? ;)

That's our goals in life, to look attractive to every single man out there.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    Beauty is an illusion - appreciate a quick wit, a tender heart, a loving glance.

I cannot agree with this. As a man, if a woman is not attractive to me, she is off my radar. How do I get into her tenDDer heart???? Or hearts? ;)

That's our goals in life, to look attractive to every single man out there.

You're not dressing up and putting on makeup to get on his radar?! Shame on you.

I know! I've been doing it all wrong!
    *Looks down in shame*
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    To me make up is not everything, yes it can enhance our looks or hide our flaws, it can act like a mask to make yourself more confident, its not going to change people's personalities though, I used to wear make up all the time when I was younger but these days I don't feel the need, I may wear a little mascara sometimes, people can go too far with makeup though, to the point where they look like an umpa lumpa or where they look like they need their head supported lol true beauty is beyond just looks..
  • BeachBaby_81
    BeachBaby_81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I'm actually going to agree here with @Cutaway_Collar . Realistically, before getting to know someone, physical attraction is the first thing we go on. If we aren't physically attracted to someone, it's unlikely we would take the effort to get to know them. Shallow? Maybe, but aren't we all to some extent?...
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

I'm actually going to agree here with @Cutaway_Collar . Realistically, before getting to know someone, physical attraction is the first thing we go on. If we aren't physically attracted to someone, it's unlikely we would take the effort to get to know them. Shallow? Maybe, but aren't we all to some extent?...

So...going by this logic( which in theory I agree with) once we find out mate and are off the market, we should stop wearing make up and make ourselves look good when we are not with our spouse?
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Either or. I wear a lot of makeup when I feel like doing the full goth thing. My average days are just eye liner, shadow, and lip stick. But then I have my lazy days where I just throw on something dark and do my running. As for others makeup, I've seen beautiful women with and without make up. I've seen horrifying women who make IT look naked. Purple eye shadow to their eye brows and bright blue lips stick beyond the limits of their lips and drawn in eye brows.. and I don't mean the subtle darkening.. full on hard lines and points. Ronald would be so proud of his daughters.
    643n7agqgboz.jpg
  • helengains
    helengains Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My skin has got better since stopping wearing it. I'm enjoying my bare time but will wear it again. Probably invest in some good products In future as a treat
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

So...going by this logic( which in theory I agree with) once we find out mate and are off the market, we should stop wearing make up and make ourselves look good when we are not with our spouse?

Yikes. Is that really your logical conclusion?

I mean no offense, but from the little I've seen of you, you seem like a confident and strong person who wouldn't think their only value is in what their partner thinks of them.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Ladies without makeup? Do they do that?

I assure you that some of us do, lol. I feel fake when I wear it, so the only time you'll see me with it on is if I'm in costume for Halloween/convention/event.

This opinion only applies to me. I have no opinion on other women wearing it; it's just not for me. :)

I was only kidding, of course, but I honestly can't tell whether my daughters are wearing makeup or not sometimes. It seems that they might spend as much time putting on make up to look like they have none on as when they are getting ready for something special.

I'll be serious for a change and say that makeup makes no difference to me. However, what does make a difference is that people make an effort to be at their best. As long as they are doing it to please themselves and not someone else.
  • Ironandwine69
    Options

I mean no offense, but from the little I've seen of you, you seem like a confident and strong person who wouldn't think their only value is in what their partner thinks of them.

No. My logic is : make-up has nothing to do with being attractive to men, or physical attraction in general. Make-up is something we do for a lot of other reasons.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

No. My logic is : make-up has nothing to do with being attractive to men, or physical attraction in general. Make-up is something we do for a lot of other reasons.

Agree with the first point, but I'm 100% certain that physical attraction is the primary use for make-up.