What were YOU proud of this weekend???

Options
As Ive said before, theres always more than the # on the scale to use as feedback on your weightloss journey. So what has made you proud over this past weekend??

For me:

1) Beating my 5K PR by over 7 minutes!
2) Fitting into a size L jacket
3) Being able to do 20 minutes on the elliptical (I never was able to get past 5-7 minutes without my knee hurting)

Replies

• ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    First- congrats on your amazing weight loss!

I went camping this weekend and was not logging or exercising, but what I am proud of is only 1 s'more :)
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Went to a BBQ and didn't "pig out" or drink any alcohol.
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Beat my personal best on a bike ride ... shaved off about 5 minutes ... it was awesome!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Husband AND I made it to the gym!

Watched Eureka at home while walk/jogging on the treadmill

Hooked up the extra tv so that we can start P90X
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Lets see I lost the few lbs I gained during my trip last week plus another 1.4 lbs, my size 16s I noticed this weekend seemed to feel alot looser(14s here I come), and yesterday I was bored out of my mind so I took my dog for a walk and for the first time ran quite a bit of the way, then while watching my favorite show last night I used my aerobic step for 30 min just up and down watching my show and exercising
  • darlynnwd
    Options
    After being outside in 102 heat helping my hubby with the airconditioner, I still completed Power 90 Day 6!
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    Not only survived, but enjoyed a hilly 10-mile bike ride on my new (to me) mountain bike yesterday!
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job on your weight loss! I am proud that I didnt eat fast food Saturday or Sunday! We usually do on weekends lol.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym Sunday and had a good day eating Saturday. For me this is good. Weekends are hard for me!
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Lost 6 pounds and fit into a size 8 sexy dress!!
  • genie98
    genie98 Posts: 62
    Options
    I was proud that I felt and looked good in the new outfit I got. The one thats my profile now.
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Did a practice 5K before I sign up for one at the end of September and did a time of 27:16 Min to try to improve on. BTW great job on your 5K this past weekend.
  • Debbieacm83
    Debbieacm83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    *first time poster!

I am proud that I ran 10.24Km yesterday but then disapointed that somehow I have put on 2lb! How??

Does anyone know if it's true that if i'm putting on muscle I won't lose much actual weight?
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    1. That I actually bought healthy food at the store, rather than the junk food I'm accustomed to.
    2. I passed on a slice of cake at my grandma's birthday party, but did allow myself a spoonful.
    3. I went on a date with a great guy instead of taking myself to the movies alone to inhale a huge bucket of popcorn!
  • jgranger221
    Options
    Great job! Not only did I run a full 5K without stopping (a first for me!) I also went to the town pool with my family and did not wear a shirt while swimming. I don't think I made any heads turn, but I was not embarrassed either. Still a long way to go, but we all need these small achievements along our journey to better health to help make sure we get there. Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    - Taking apples and low fat snacks to the music festival
    - Choosing a falafel over the high fat fried food on offer at the festie
    - Choosing a veggie burger the next day instead of a big beefburger
    - Not having chips just for the sake of it
    - Stopping drinking when I knew I'd had enough rather than carry on because everyone else is.
    - My friends saying how the weight I have lost is so noticeable now

GOOD POST!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Did a practice run on the C25K on Saturday (officially started this morning) and went to the movies and only ate a little popcorn.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    *first time poster!

I am proud that I ran 10.24Km yesterday but then disapointed that somehow I have put on 2lb! How??

Does anyone know if it's true that if i'm putting on muscle I won't lose much actual weight?

Im glad you chose my thread for your first post :) Great job on the 10K!!!

The weight gain could be several things, could be water retention, you wouldnt have added that much muscle mass that would cause a weight gain though.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my size 18 jeans were barely hanging on to my hips. If I lose another inch or so, they'll fall right down to the ground!

I was curious and pulled an old pair of size 16 jeans out of my closet and tried them on. THEY FIT! I haven't been able to wear those pants in almost 2 years :D:D:D
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Great job! Not only did I run a full 5K without stopping (a first for me!) I also went to the town pool with my family and did not wear a shirt while swimming. I don't think I made any heads turn, but I was not embarrassed either. Still a long way to go, but we all need these small achievements along our journey to better health to help make sure we get there. Keep up the fantastic work!!

Great job and thanx!