Do you all stop eating after a certain time?

Options
13»

Replies

• Parabellum68
    Parabellum68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Timing of eating matters to me, personally I train before eating in the morning and then have shakes for breakfast and lunch followed by whatever I want for dinner, I try not to eat in the evening but if I have cheese in the fridge it ends up like Russian roulette
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I sleep better after having some food so I save calories for the evening and eat shortly before bed. My next meal isn't until around 11a.m. so it helps stave off hunger in the morning too.
  • shiverness
    shiverness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wake up at an extremely early hour so I tend to be in bed by 8 p.m.. So that whole don't eat after 7pm guide that I see often is complete bull for me.

I do try to eat dinner by 5pm, 6 latest. And dinners my last meal of the day.

Of course on my days off I may have a snack since I don't go to bed till later.
  • Icrizz
    Icrizz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I typically don't eat after 7-8 pm because usually the things I want to eat at that time aren't healthy for me and I'm more likely to binge if I start eating later at night
  • cefleischman
    cefleischman Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A lot of good responses! And some funny ones as well ("I'm not a gremlin so it's generally not a problem for me") haha!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,145 Member
    Options
    I know some people say they won't eat or snack after 7:00 PM. What do other people do? Is there benefit to doing this when it comes to losing weight or health in general?

I stop betteen 7:30 and 8PM, sometimes sooner. I just don't like to eat later than that or to have the kitchen open late. My choice.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    No. I can't sleep at all if I'm even a little hungry
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I aim not to eat much after 7 pm but thats because I've generally eaten all my calories by then! Its all a matter of preference and finding what works for you, the timing doesn't matter.

Same here. I pre-log and plan to eat whatever calories I have left for the day at dinner. I found that if I save calories for an after dinner snack/treat, I tend to want to keep nibbling. My will power isn't strongest at the end of the day. For some reason, it's mentally easier for me to know I'm done when I've had dinner. The time is somewhat variable, and not the driver, but it's generally not later than 7.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    conniehv40 wrote: »
    I am trying, really trying, to not eat after dinner. That is my down fall. I love to snack--then snack some more. I started back on mfp with a goal to stop gaining weight. I started looking at my food and all day, I did pretty well. Then after dinner, just wanting crackers, cookies, popcorn, just kind of a mindless, but obsessive snacking, so I have tried to just stop. It isn't the calories counting, it is my will power that no just says why start snacking after dinner... Good luck!
    This was me four years ago. Well, I actually "fasted" until afternoon, overate some boring dinner, and then grazed/binged until I fell asleep, but I thought about snacks and sweets as something I loved, I felt entitled, and tried to not think too much about the consequences (it ruined my health). I don't believe in "mindless eating", I think we are fully aware, just don't want to think about it. I really tried, and hoped, it would stop. Of course it didn't - it takes conscious effort. But when I discovered that I was in fact eating compulsively, it was quite easy to stop. And just not buying trigger foods, makes it impossible to eat it. Regular meals does something to your mind, you get accustomed to that there are times for eating, and the rest of the time, there is not eating. And the last piece of the puzzle, the one that always lead to failure after "successful" weightloss, was to eat food I like and not be afraid of it, instead, really pay attention and let myself enjoy the pleasure. It's so much easier to say no when I don't feel deprived, don't feel like I'm missing out, don't feel sorry for myself. Good eating habits, environment control and attitude adjustment is the lazy person's willpower.