Smaller Breast With Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• kfoust81
    kfoust81 Posts: 19
    Options
    I was a 42DD I have lost 47lbs so far and have dropped to a 38D. My back pain is almost completely gone. Best wishes with your weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    One thing that motivated me to lose weight was the prospect of smaller breast. Yes, big breast are desired, however I was getting very tired of the back pain and expensive bras. I have over 110 pounds to lose, and I'm almost positive that my breast size will decrease, but just how much? I know it depends on genetics and all that, but it would be nice to have something to look forward to.

For those of you with larger breast who has lost a significant amount of weight (or any weight at all really), how much of a difference have you seen in your bust size? What size were you prior to your weight loss and current size?

It's a long shot, but are there any exercises that target breast fat?

Any feedback would be appreciated. :smile:
    No. Genetic predisposition dictates where your body loses fat. You will see a smaller breast size, but the body loses fat systematically. That means if you lose 1% of body fat, you lose it all over at the same time.
  • Gingeroot70
    Gingeroot70 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It does really depend... The first time I lost 30 pounds, everything went but the breasts! I gained all that weight back and trying to lose it again so I can get approved (insurance) to get a breast reduction. Good luck on your weight loss! You've already lost so much already too!
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth . . . my "man-boobs" are getting smaller w/ my weight loss and strength training . . .

:wink:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I went down a back size and up a cup size. I'm 36 E now :noway: I still look fairly small, though. Bra sizes are weird like that.
  • TDBrims
    TDBrims Posts: 138
    Options
    I must be in a minority of 1 then as I love my boobs and get no back pain at all..I was a 38G and after a loss of 64.5lbs I am now a 36G
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm a D and I've lost just under 20 pounds with no noticeable loss in cup size. I've always had larger breasts, even when I was an in-shape athlete, so I don't hold out much hope for any changes in mine.

As for exercises, there is no way to target where we lose weight. Our body will take it off as it sees fit. :)
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started at about a 40DD, and thirty pounds later switched to a 36D. It's getting pretty big on me now though. I think I need to get a fitting.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When I was 205, I had 40 D, and it was a little uncomfortable, I was just too stubborn to go up another size.. I'm down to 180, and just bought a 36C yesterday. And it's comfy. I'm convinced most of my weight came off my chest first, which is a little annoying. I had to buy that bra yesterday to prop the girls up high enough so the bridesmaid dress I have to wear this weekend doesn't umm...slip. It's a lifter :)

Now if my bum would catch up to the whole shrinking process......
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was a 36DD before I lost the weight and am still a 36DD :sad: I was hoping to go down a size!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i was a 42G when i started and am now a 40DDD- since i only have 20-30 lbs left they probab\ly wont change much but i am having a reduction in a few months
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    It seems like it's different for everyone! After losing 21 pounds, I'm a 36D, so I haven't lost in the cup size. I'm hoping that I will, but considering I've been a D cup ever since I can remember (being a 32D at the age of 14 is not fun!), I doubt that I will.
  • clarabell88
    Options
    I'm hoping by boobs don't go down. Went from an F cup to DD when I lost the first batch of weight. Been fluctuating +-7lbs for a while now I'm hoping they don't change too much. Think I'll end up buying a new pair if they loose too much volume.
  • rainvc
    rainvc Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm a 42H. They've been huge as long as I can remember. I'm hoping I lose in my chest, but I'm doubtful. I lost a lot of weight at one point in college and I still didn't lose in my chest. My waist got smaller, and my chest stayed the same making my boobs look even bigger. Yuck. I dream of one day being able to buy a bra from any store. Or even one of a sale rack!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm a D and I've lost just under 20 pounds with no noticeable loss in cup size. I've always had larger breasts, even when I was an in-shape athlete, so I don't hold out much hope for any changes in mine.

As for exercises, there is no way to target where we lose weight. Our body will take it off as it sees fit. :)

Target where we lose
    I agree.
    However, we can target where we build muscle with exercise. And I can see a difference in appearance for sure.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/395541-will-exercise-firm-up-sagging-breasts/
  • gigi130
    gigi130 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a 34 J , and weight 146 lost some weight ,the bra feels a little loose but not a big difference .I need to go get some new bras and see. I was a 32 B before I had my son 3 years ago and hoping to lose some more weight . I am really hoping I it goes down . I really hate the neck and back pain. :(
  • katep2492
    katep2492 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    has anyone else found there boobs to be stubborn and not go away, Well mine have been a d since I was 13 and 135 pounds, I looked rather silly and now at 245 I'm a dd. when I was 135 I couldn't get a proper fitting bra but I'm hoping maybe they will go away but I'm the same height as I was when I was 13 :( I hope they go to like a c a c would be nice I don't understand why people get boob jobs unless your like an a but like people who get dd's WHYYY?
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ...and then there are the women in whom weight loss produces the proportions of Olive Oyl. :ohwell:
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    If you really want to lose your boobs, try breastfeeding some ravenous babies for a couple years. Once your milk dries up, so will your boobs :tongue:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I went from an F to a D cup with almost 60 pounds lost
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!