I want to lose 30 pounds by New Years

Options
I just started back on MFP yesterday. This time I am serious about losing this weight. I have a wedding coming up and I'm the bride so I need to look my best. A little about what I have been doing.
I started this weight loss journey for my birthday present July 18 2017, well I have lost 4 inches overall but the scale is not moving. Also none of the inches lost was from my stomach

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are you serious about eating less? Are you serious about weighing all your food and logging honestly? Are you also patient enough to not eat too little?
  • ash29569
    ash29569 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    In order to see if losing 30 pounds in 15 weeks and 6 days is a realistic goal for you, we need to know your age, current weight, and height.

But in general, if losing 30 pounds will get you to your final goal weight, than 2 pounds per week is too aggressive a deficit. Shoot for one pound a week for now, and change it to a half pound when you are @ 15 pounds away from goal.

Any more creates too aggressive a deficit. I'll let other posters fill you in on the pitfalls of that.

I am a 28 year old female
    5'1"
    CW: 155 pounds
  • ash29569
    ash29569 Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Are you serious about eating less? Are you serious about weighing all your food and logging honestly? Are you also patient enough to not eat too little?

I think my problem is learning to eat right. I just started MFP yesterday and so far I have logged everything I have ate and drink.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    ash29569 wrote: »

I think my problem is learning to eat right. I just started MFP yesterday and so far I have logged everything I have ate and drink.

What is eating right?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    db121215 wrote: »
    Having lost 65lbs for my wedding (which is in 19 days), my advice is make sure you're ready and able to maintain your weight once you get your dress fitted. I had to halt my loss last week and start maintaining. And I wasn't ready for the emotional toll. Congrats on the wedding. If you're heavy enough, 30 lbs is doable. Best of luck with the loss and the gain of a husband!

FIFY ;)
  • db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    db121215 wrote: »
    Having lost 65lbs for my wedding in 19 days, my advice is make sure you're ready and able to maintain your weight once you get your dress fitted. I had to halt my loss last week and start maintaining. And I wasn't ready for the emotional toll. Congrats on the wedding. If you're heavy enough, 30 lbs is doable. Best of luck with the loss and the gain of a husband!

Is the wedding in 19 days or did you lose the weight in 19 days??? Because that's 3.4 lbs/day....

There was no lipo. All hard work over time haha. 3.4 lbs a day. Don't we all wish!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    In order to see if losing 30 pounds in 15 weeks and 6 days is a realistic goal for you, we need to know your age, current weight, and height.

But in general, if losing 30 pounds will get you to your final goal weight, than 2 pounds per week is too aggressive a deficit. Shoot for one pound a week for now, and change it to a half pound when you are @ 15 pounds away from goal.

Any more creates too aggressive a deficit. I'll let other posters fill you in on the pitfalls of that.

I am a 28 year old female
    5'1"
    CW: 155 pounds

You're a bit shorter and lighter than you need to be to afford 2 lbs a week unless you are extremely active. To see if it's realistic, try reducing your weekly toss to 1.5 pounds and see, does it still give you 1200 calories? Now down to 1 pound, still 1200 calories? All the way down to 0.5 a pound a week if need be. The point where it stops giving you 1200 calories is the what you should realistically expect to average losing every week.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 in 2 months, it's doable!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    (that's not me by the way, it's an example picture I found on Google)
  • southerngirl1966
    southerngirl1966 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that is my goal as well. Good luck! I believe you can do it! :)
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing inches! It's success that you can actually see in the fit of your clothes. (Nobody will say, "Wow, it looks like you've lost seven and a half pounds." What they might say is, "You're looking good!") Maybe you could set your calorie goal for 2 pounds of loss per week for the first month, then stop being so aggressive and reset it for a one pound per week for the rest of the time you have left. (That's what I did) You will have lost 20 pounds by New Year's. While this may not be true for you, I found that a slower rate of loss has helped me maintain the energy I need to function during the day. I need the fuel to workout and to avoid fatigue. Some of my friends have tried the Oh My Gawd I'm Getting Married Diet, and that final month was extremely stressful because they hadn't quite reached their goal plus they had to attend to a gazillion detail about their weddings. You want to enjoy the big day, not feel like a dieting failure. Set a reasonable goal, leave time for your dress to be altered, and good luck!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I just started back on MFP yesterday. This time I am serious about losing this weight. I have a wedding coming up and I'm the bride so I need to look my best. A little about what I have been doing.
    I started this weight loss journey for my birthday present July 18 2017, well I have lost 4 inches overall but the scale is not moving. Also none of the inches lost was from my stomach

Had to read that twice. You just dropped that so casually... "whose wedding coming up?" "Oh, mine. NBD." Um CONGRATULATIONS!

That being said, you might get in better shape before the wedding but as you've figured out, losing weight is not so easy. The only way to lose 30 pounds in 3 months is to create a 1000 calorie deficit every day. But ask yourself what will happen if you don't make your goal; will it make your special day more stressful? Will you still be able to enjoy yourself? Remember the special person you're marrying who loves you, presumably; they loved you before you lost 4 inches and they'll love you after. If you make your goal then great; but if you don't, I hope you can still enjoy yourself and dance your butt off and shove cake in each others' faces without care. :)