What does everyone put in their coffee?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I prefer it black. Back in college I liked it about half milk/half coffee, learned to drink it black in my 20s just by reducing the milk (and because milk often was not available and I hate the non dairy creamer stuff). Sweetened coffee has never appealed to me -- part of what I enjoy about coffee is that it's not sweet and sugar doesn't seem to go with it at all to me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    What does everyone put in their coffee?

Water ... hot water.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Nothing
    Like a guy told me once... I like my coffee like I like my woman, hot, black and bitter.

I like my coffee like I like my men - ground up and in the freezer.

Very nearly caused a spit-take with my (black, fresh-made) espresso. Thank you for making my Wednesday better!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    heavy cream (just a splash) and Truvia - 1 packet per cup - but only first thing in the morning. When I drink it later, black as the Devil's heart.
    I like my coffee like I like my men - ground up and in the freezer.

Do you know my wife?!?!?
  • djm206
    djm206 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2 packets of Equal
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Half/half and splenda
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened coconut milk and stevia. If I'm feeling really adventurous, chocolate coconut milk and stevia.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Salt, stevia.
    Milk froth on top. Sprinkled with sugar free hot chocolate mix.
    Sometimes choc or vanilla caramel collagen.

If I have no milk, I blend the salt, stevia, coffee and protein with coconut oil or coconut butter.
  • Sisepuede422
    Sisepuede422 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult to start my day without my coffee with three tbls of. Creamer and 1/4 cup of milkm.I'm struggling with this.i need to give up coffee altogether as it aggravates my acid reflux.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Just milk for me.

If you like Stevia, use it. If you don't need a lot of sugar and don't drink a gallon of coffee, use sugar. It doesn't have that many calories, though it will add up if you use enough.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use to use 4 TBSP of Silk Soy Vanilla creamer, it's 30 calories a TBSP and 3 grams of sugar. But having 2 cups of coffee a day that really added up, 240 calories and 24 grams of sugar. So I cut that out and started using 4 TBSP of Califia Almondmilk creamer which wasn't as bad at 15 calories a TBSP and 2 grams of sugar but I realized that's still a lot of sugar, 16 grams a day for my coffee. So now I use LIDL's sugar free hazelnut creamer, it's only 15 calories a TBSP and no sugar. And this is saying something for me considering 3 or 4 years ago I would have a ratio of 1/2 sweet creamer to 1/2 coffee.
  • Mark_Joseph
    Mark_Joseph Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I normally put "unsweetened almond milk" from Trader Joe's or "caramel macchiato" creamer from International Delight when I drink Peet's coffee. However, as of recent I started drinking "Kicking Horse" coffee from Canada and it honestly doesn't taste well with the two things I normally add. So I drink that particular coffee black or by itself.
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    p9tw7sjc0ql3.png
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A packet of hot chocolate.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    A bit of half and half and a tsp of sugar
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I used to be a sugar and half-and-half girl, but about a year ago, I gave up the sugar. I usually take a dash of skim milk, but when I drink it at work, I drink it black. I don't miss the sugar at all.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I typically drink a tall blonde in a grande cup. So, yes - Starbucks. And, I was putting in a TON of half-and-half! Which I was not tracking. I mean, I had a good 1/4 cup - at least - of half-and-half.

Last week I stopped that mess. Now I am drinking a tall blonde, no room and two or three packets of Stevia. S dash or two of cinnamon and - when it is there - a packet of honey.
  • sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but there were a couple of times this year where i was so exhuasted at work i was desperate.

I put 4 packets of sugar and a couple of creamers. Coffee always tastes bitter or liked burnt beans and i dont like it LOL