Anyone else here think Jillian Michaels is...

Options

Replies

• kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I'm sorry but when you said discuss all i heard was coffee talk from snl...
    "Rhode Island, neither a road or an island.. Discuss"
    i'm veclempt.... talk amongst ya selves lmao

As for the workout videos, I haven't seen them

BHA hahahahah
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think you're reading way too much into a workout dvd.

Hey how did you get those icons - those look great I'd like to do something like that...for the SHORT women on MFP...and the walking ticker I'd like to have one of those too...plan to increase my walking this week...

Thanks...(Gabby) :flowerforyou:
  • Tdance5678
    Tdance5678 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also have to agree with Theprettyone. I've never noticed. They both have killer bodies - I'm sure either of them could do either part.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I think Jillian Michales is a man,but ive never thought she was racist:laugh:
  • Chryzznit79
    Chryzznit79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL - "peanut...neither a pea or a nut....discuss"
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I think Jillian Michales is a man,but ive never thought she was racist:laugh:

Bhahahahah Drag Queen
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Ok, for the record, this was a lighthearted observation! I don't think she's actually racist; I've never seen unequal treatment of the BL contestants by color...

If you're looking at it seriously, the most I'm saying she may be guilty of is stereotyping/type-casting. Please put up the pitchforks, torches and spades, lol!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    (double post)
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Haha
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Ok, for the record, this was a lighthearted observation! I don't think she's actually racist; I've never seen unequal treatment of the BL contestants by color...

If you're looking at it seriously, the most I'm saying she may be guilty of is stereotyping/type-casting. Please put up the pitchforks, torches and spades, lol!

awwww I was just getting the tar and feathers ready.........:wink:
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think she's rude to everyone equally.
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    plus....if you have any of her other workouts, you'll see that she switches up the cast and their positions

and when I saw the topic title, I was going to finish the sentence with "awesome!"
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    My goodness. . . . I seriously think you are . . . making a huge assumption and a judgement on someone. . . . and that is wrong.. ... She is a fabulous trainer. . and to say something that aweful about someone without having a basis is really uncalled for.

Great rule of thumb. . . treat others the way you would like to be treated in return. . .

Have a nice day
    AIC,
    Jade:smile:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I think you're reading way too much into a workout dvd.
  • legend1973
    Options
    I personally think she is nuts..... crazy.... for saying that she would never have a baby cause she didn't want to wreck her body.... almost on the level of Ingrid Newkirk founder of PETA who had herself sterilized.
  • jesshall281
    Options
    To be honest, you're a bit of a fool, its not even stereotyping. I think YOU'RE the racist for even thinking about such things, and for desperately trying to find a racial undertone to her workout video. The black woman has a better body (in my opinion) than the white woman, so they put her in the harder workout. Nothing to do with race, its about physique.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options

I forgot that one!!!!
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I don't think this topic is healthy at all.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I don't think that screams racism. I think that women of color usually have a more athletic build and can handle the harder portion of the video. Think about the top runners of the world usually come from Jamaica. They must genetically have more endurance.

Racist :noway: eh not so much the big B word most DEFF!!! i cant stand her but her workouts get it done :bigsmile: love the mute button and playing some music
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    and i thought you were just going to say ...sadistic.:)