Replies

• kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ur not the only one!!! i have too ...cheer up friend
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Totally, totally get it. Been there, done that countless times. If I really can't find anything that I feel halfway decent in, sometimes I'll shop secondhand. At least then I'm not spending a fortune on something I don't even really like. There are some amazing deals in the secondhand shops in general.
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, little update...

I am actually really glad i had my little meltdown last week as it spurred me on to get a personal trainer. I was up this morning at 6.00am to get the bus into town for my first session. It was HARD, my legs were shaking afterwards and i feel like a zombee at the moment but feel a hell of a lot more positive now Im doing something about it.

Thanks again for all your lovely words. You guys are awesome!!!
  • candikane65
    Options
    Don't cry hun. Life is full of ups and downs. I used to be in the Army and was a fitness studdette! I never wore anything larger than an 8; which I was pretty happy with. I weighed more than Army Regulation allowed, but my body fat was very low, so it was never an issue. I ate what I wanted when I wanted and never gave it a thought. Now here it is 4 years after retirement and I have gained almost 40 lbs. I had a break down in the dressing room when I went to shop for a wedding dress and had to settle on my dream dress in a size 14! I had my best friend there who assured me I didn't look like a cow in my dress...but I still sat there and bawled. But that was 6 mths ago...I finally got tired of doing nuthing and have decided to so something! Joining this was my first step, as you have joined. I saw a lot of support and I am sure you will be looking fabulous soon. Just keep looking at this blog and all the encouragement the people here have to offer...you will do great! Wish me luck as my journey begins...as I will be wishing you luck too. :-)
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, little update...

I am actually really glad i had my little meltdown last week as it spurred me on to get a personal trainer. I was up this morning at 6.00am to get the bus into town for my first session. It was HARD, my legs were shaking afterwards and i feel like a zombee at the moment but feel a hell of a lot more positive now Im doing something about it.

Thanks again for all your lovely words. You guys are awesome!!!

awesome! good for you.
    keep up your hard work.
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    Glad to see someone is keeing it clean !! Thanks moderator !!
  • Daffydilly
    Daffydilly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It seems you've had a lot of good advice here and i'd like to add something on a practical level which might put your mind at rest.

My hubby and I have been to a few West End shows in London over the last few years and it's lovely to dress up but you'll be just fine in whatever you are comfortable in.

I've seen men and women at the shows wearing jeans and t-shirts so you'll look great whatever you wear. remember even the simplest outfits can look amazing if you hold your head up and stand tall. You could accessorise with a fabulous scarf or jewellery.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah....just make it an incentive, don't make it hold you back from you weight loss, make it a motivator! You don't ever want to be that person again and you don't deserve it either. You can do it!!!
  • almaliora
    Options
    CookieGem...I am the QUEEN of crying in the dressing room! I am also pretty sure that I hold the title for most cries getting dressed for work. You should try finding a dress at TJMaxx or something like that. That way if you have to buy a size up you won't feel too bad about the price. I then suggest that you hold onto that dress until you have reached your goal weight, have party and destroy the sucker!!! :-)