Relationships on MyFitnessPal

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Clearly I'm doing MFP all wrong. I need some gift cards in my life.

just use an amazon wishlist instead.

I have seen many Tumblr accounts do this in exchange for uploading personal pics/videos.. I am not gonna lie, the thought has crossed my mind.
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    o.O either you are gullible, or we are. No worthwhile relationship is going to start with "Spend money on me to prove your love"

• Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    op has low self esteem?

I have no idea. I suspect the person asking him for gifts might suspect that he does. I used to have very low self-esteem/bad self-image...just pointing out the obvious that scammers use human manipulation. Trolling to find people with low self-esteem. Ask them for gifts, money, etc.

MFP is a target rich environment.

People are overweight, stressed, etc...feel bad about themselves. When you're too heavy everything can suck. You feel bad. Makes you feel great if somebody likes you.

It would make sense from a scammer's perspective to look for people here to take advantage of.

^^ THIS! ^^ OP: She is playing you, and using you for gifts is unconscionable. You deserve better than that. Block her and never speak to her again. Post script: long distance relationships on MFP never work out and my guess is she's married.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Seriously OP, if you want to spend money on a woman for temporary love just hit up Backpage or Craigslist.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Ask for noods first but make sure they have todays date on them then send her some D picks
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    That @abetterme9366 person asked me for around 200k in unregistered bonds on day one, I'm still struggling to liquidate enough of my assets to put together the cash

She's worth it though trust me

This, she can do things that'll blow you mind.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I seriously hate when people prey on others vulnerabilities. I enjoy calling people like that out. Don't send that person anything. You don't have to "prove your love" that way. In fact you shouldn't even entertain any conversations with people who ask for gifts.

I just met her for 2 weeks she's asking for me gifts???? I don't know her long enough to give her anything!!! When starting a relationship one should not prove to the other to buy gifts to show love! Unconditional love is the most important gift for a lifetime not materialistic items.

Precisely!

\end thread. B)
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Clearly I'm doing MFP all wrong. I need some gift cards in my life.

Oh really? Just PM me your address and I'll send some right over.

Even better...PM me your checking account and routing number and I'll just give you cash directly. You see, I recently sold some properties in advance of an imminent divorce struggle and I would love to dispense with the cash in a way that would most infuriate my cheating wife.

^^^ see, this is how a human manipulator could actually start working on somebody trying to scam them. They would obviously draw it out. Maybe over months. Then hit them for everything they have. They're horrible people, really.

I used to work for a bank, and we'd encounter people in distress who got scammed by people...relatives, spouses, etc...clean themed right out. You can barely trust the people you're actually blood related to when it comes to gifts and money. You sure as hell shouldn't probably be trusting somebody you meet on the internet unless...idk, you actually are sure. And then, even then...don't. Not unless you're in some kind of mutually beneficial relationship.

Because while most people are really good people, and most people are doing their best...the bad people are looking for targets.

That was kind of my earlier point.

Yep. I've been in bank customer service for years. It angers me, especially the older folks that get scammed. But unfortunately it's so common. People suck.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    I seriously hate when people prey on others vulnerabilities. I enjoy calling people like that out. Don't send that person anything. You don't have to "prove your love" that way. In fact you shouldn't even entertain any conversations with people who ask for gifts.

I just met her for 2 weeks she's asking for me gifts???? I don't know her long enough to give her anything!!! When starting a relationship one should not prove to the other to buy gifts to show love! Unconditional love is the most important gift for a lifetime not materialistic items.

PS Is she on your FL now? I'll call that heffa out for you. :D

edit: just kidding, I don't even know you for all of that. But I was just curious.