Relationships on MyFitnessPal

Options

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Clearly I'm doing MFP all wrong. I need some gift cards in my life.

Oh really? Just PM me your address and I'll send some right over.

Even better...PM me your checking account and routing number and I'll just give you cash directly. You see, I recently sold some properties in advance of an imminent divorce struggle and I would love to dispense with the cash in a way that would most infuriate my cheating wife.

^^^ see, this is how a human manipulator could actually start working on somebody trying to scam them. They would obviously draw it out. Maybe over months. Then hit them for everything they have. They're horrible people, really.

I used to work for a bank, and we'd encounter people in distress who got scammed by people...relatives, spouses, etc...clean themed right out. You can barely trust the people you're actually blood related to when it comes to gifts and money. You sure as hell shouldn't probably be trusting somebody you meet on the internet unless...idk, you actually are sure. And then, even then...don't. Not unless you're in some kind of mutually beneficial relationship.

Because while most people are really good people, and most people are doing their best...the bad people are looking for targets.

That was kind of my earlier point.

Yep. I've been in bank customer service for years. It angers me, especially the older folks that get scammed. But unfortunately it's so common. People suck.

If you reverse my fees, I'll send you an iTunes card...

I don't use iTunes. Gimme a TJMaxx card.
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    People look to take advantage of others with low self-esteem. They think that they're smarter than other people and know how to manipulate them.

Have high self-esteem, have common sense, ***life is not a judgement-free zone***, don't easily trust people you don't know, and you probably won't be taken advantage of...that being said, there's plenty of nice people out there and if you want a long-distance relationship that's really interesting.

I suggest trying harder to meet people in your daily comings and goings, though. Just say hello to more people and think friendly...be friendly...etc.

This 100%!
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Who's handing out free iTunes gift cards?
  • cyranda63
    cyranda63 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    She's not happy with me because I did not give the correct money on the iTunes gift card looooooool

You sent her one? Oh my...
  • cyranda63
    cyranda63 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    you only have 4 friends, I hope you aren't just dicking around because it wouldn't take a genius to figure out who you are talking about. If you are dicking around you could be giving a decent person a bad rep on MFP. Just saying.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    cyranda63 wrote: »
    you only have 4 friends, I hope you aren't just dicking around because it wouldn't take a genius to figure out who you are talking about. If you are dicking around you could be giving a decent person a bad rep on MFP. Just saying.

Damn, that's some real talk right there. I hope you read that OP.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    .... for *kitten* sake
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    I get gifs all the time ...they make me smile