Anyone need to lose over 100lbs?

Lizzinc
Lizzinc Posts: 23 Member
Just starting out. I have over 140 to lose. Anyone else feel like they have a huge goal to accomplish? Let's help each other! I need accountability partners.

Replies

• Jenhelms1972
    Jenhelms1972 Posts: 2 Member
    I right here with you folks but I started out at 280 now 275 and I want to get down to 150 so I have a long way to go. And I have MS which makes it sometimes hard.
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Currently 17 stone 6 lb. My goal weight. 14stone 0lb. Not sure how many lbs that is but it's 3 stone 6lb to loose.
  • Me. I am just starting out. I have 150# to lose :( This is not my first time at the rodeo, but this is the biggest I have ever been.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited September 2017
    I started out with 100 lbs to lose, i'm down 25 so far in 3 months.
  • LilTeensy037
    LilTeensy037 Posts: 13 Member
    I have over 100 lbs I need to lose. Feel free to send me a friend request. It will be nice to have friends who need to lose over 100 lbs.

Have a blessed, wonderful, and peaceful day.
  • wsashabranner
    wsashabranner Posts: 2 Member
    I have been overweight my entire life. I was always the heaviest in school. I was 300lbs at 16. I was 425lbs at 25. I am currently 187lbs and maintaining for the last year. It took about 4 years to lose the weight. It came with lots of ups and downs. I would lose it, then gain it, then lose it.. etc. I have found a good place with my calories and my level of activity. Toss in my cheat day and I maintain pretty well. +/- 5lbs. I didn't do any weird diets or surgeries. Just healthy eating and being active.

It's just accountability. If you are not accountable for yourself then you cannot achieve victory that lasts. I am sorry if this is controversial but losing weight is easy. I was 425lbs and I lost 20lbs my first week just because I stopped drinking pop! Keep that trend going, cut the bad foods from your diet and anyone can lose weight. Simple CICO.

Since losing the weight. I get more attention from people. Not just sexually but in general people will be more open and willing to talk to me now that I am not obese. I feel more confident. I take better care of my appearance and hygiene. I am more active because I want to be, instead of because I have to be.

I went from a shirt size XXXXXL to a S/M. I went from pant size 50x30 to a 32x34.

I know it's cliche to say but if I can do it, anyone can. If anyone needs help or advice you can feel free to message me.

(I copied some of this from a previous post I made about this subject.)
    I have been overweight my entire life. I was always the heaviest in school. I was 300lbs at 16. I was 425lbs at 25. I am currently 187lbs and maintaining for the last year. It took about 4 years to lose the weight. It came with lots of ups and downs. I would lose it, then gain it, then lose it.. etc. I have found a good place with my calories and my level of activity. Toss in my cheat day and I maintain pretty well. +/- 5lbs. I didn't do any weird diets or surgeries. Just healthy eating and being active.

It's just accountability. If you are not accountable for yourself then you cannot achieve victory that lasts. I am sorry if this is controversial but losing weight is easy. I was 425lbs and I lost 20lbs my first week just because I stopped drinking pop! Keep that trend going, cut the bad foods from your diet and anyone can lose weight. Simple CICO.

Since losing the weight. I get more attention from people. Not just sexually but in general people will be more open and willing to talk to me now that I am not obese. I feel more confident. I take better care of my appearance and hygiene. I am more active because I want to be, instead of because I have to be.

I went from a shirt size XXXXXL to a S/M. I went from pant size 50x30 to a 32x34.

I know it's cliche to say but if I can do it, anyone can. If anyone needs help or advice you can feel free to message me.

• wsashabranner
    wsashabranner Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story! I am around 250 and I often think, "how did this happen without me noticing?!?!". I agree that all it takes is accountability and being responsible for your actions. However, I do think it's hard. I keep telling myself that being overweight is harder though.... the hard work is worth it!!! Losing 110lbs feels almost impossible right now, but hearing stories like yours helps me push through and believe in my ability to be consistent and accountable.
  • Me me,
    I have about 100 to loose as well. Need motivation and accountability partners
  • Lizzinc
    iamunicoon wrote: »
    Me, me, pick me. :D

I started at 308 lbs and am now at 280. It really is a huge chunk of weight to lose but I've split it up into smaller mini goals to make it feel less overwhelming.

I keep getting asked what my short term goals are. I'm like, I have no idea. Eat less, move more, get smaller. Lol that's all I can focus on.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Me! I was at 329, now at 307. When I started MFP I was at 260, so have a bit of a yo yo problem but this time I am really serious. I was diagnosed with diabetes and I'm not messing around anymore.
  • Lizzinc
    rbiss wrote: »
    Me! I was at 329, now at 307. When I started MFP I was at 260, so have a bit of a yo yo problem but this time I am really serious. I was diagnosed with diabetes and I'm not messing around anymore.

I have yo yoed all my life. I'm doing this one more time and it's staying done.
  • PJ100LBGOAL
    PJ100LBGOAL Posts: 15 Member
    I have over 100 to lose. Currently 319 goal 210ish.