TEAM THIN TO WIN!-WEEK ONE (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
OK GUYS HERE IS THE CHALLENGE FOR THIS WEEK!!!! DAY 1 = MONDAY AUG 1!

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1
This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.
Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*(see below)
Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended

OK so tomorrow 100 jumping jacks, under our goals and at least 8 cups of water!!! WE CAN DO IT!!

Replies

• vivianleemit
    Options
    Are we ready to totally kick *kitten*, guys? :D

I just woke up to complete some last-minute work for my internship, and then I'll be going into the morning workout routine that I hope to keep up every day of this month and beyond. I was just wondering what everyone's typical workout schedule is like? :)

For me, it's:
    -- stretches (at least 30 minutes)
    -- dance (at least 2 hours)
    -- 30-Day Shred (30 mins)
    -- P90X (1 hour)
    -- plus the exercise challenge

I think the hardest thing for me will be drinking 8 cups of water. I usually only get in 3 or so, but I'll be trying my hardest to drink more at work. Maybe then I won't be so prone to eating, haha..
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team Mates~~~ Good Luck and you can do it! 100 jumping jacks here i come lol
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    new start weight aug 1 182.6
    new goal weight for end of month 172.6

at least 30 mins exercise day PLUS fitness challenge.

I'm ready to kick the crap out of August!
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Vivianleemit - try using a water bottle with a straw, and add some lemon juice or a drop or two of fruit juice. I think ou will be surprised at how many times you will need to fill your bott by just sipping during the day. Or, time your water like medication. one glass in the morning, one with each meal, one before bed....
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    That actually sounds like a great idea. I'll try the "drops of fruit juice" idea -- my main gripe with water is that it tastes too bland, so hopefully that should help! I also found a great thermos that is tall and thin, so it doesn't -look- as if you're drinking that much, but in reality it's equal to an 8 oz cup (two gulps brings the water level down an inch!)
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    Just did my first cardio workout of August! 30 Day Shred, level 1 day 1. This is going to be an awesome month :)
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    glad youare all pumped for week one!!! i have 75 jumping jacks done!! (i do 25 everytime i go to the ladies room at work LOL)

OK so Gary had the idea of putting a before/after slideshow together after this challenge, so if you want to send me a before picture soon you can email me at caroline.mcdonoughDSP@gmail.com and i'll send it along to Gary! I'll remind those that send me befores to send afters when the challenge is over!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Do we need to log the challenges each day and let you know we completed them too?
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I havent done any yet, but i told my hubby he was gonna have to do them with me tonight ROFL...Will find you a pic and email tonight dear leader~!

PS for water drinkers i do one bottle flavored water Adirondacks (zero everything...no sodium no carb nada) and then i do one plain. Once i finish the plain i can hve another flavored:)
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks DONE! i need to update my weight (again) cause my scale was broken thats why it said i lost 10 pounds. So my current weight is 198 and my goal for august is 190.

WOOOO
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Signing in for week 1, weight today was 175.2 for starting weight. Forgot to do a set of jumping jacks before I left home so they will all have to wait until later. I just don't think I can do them in the bathroom. :blushing:
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    Do we need to log the challenges each day and let you know we completed them too?
    We definitely need to log (I also write it in my exercise notes). I think it's good to keep the rest of the team updated on your progress, so just a simple "hey, I finished!" shoutout on this thread should be good, what do you guys think?
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    did my 100
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    please shout out to your friends here what you completed for the day and when you weigh in sunday night/monday morning please list the challenges you completed so i can calculate your points!!!!

SO PROUD OF YOU ALL!!!! lets keep it up!!!!!
  • wildcard29
    Options
    My 100 are done and I was 184 this morning:)
  • wildcard29
    Options
    How do I put the team pic on my messages?
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    100 jumping jacks done tonight!! :) on top of my jog/weights....

Starting weight for the challenge is 150.4
    Goal weight this month- 142 (2 lbs a week is sooo doable i think)
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did 100 jumping jacks and was under my calorie goal for the day . I drank 24 ounces of water .... I know I need to work on it
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok. I logged and was under calories although I ate horrible things today. Again, I know it was NOT healthy, but it was in range. I did finish the water, which is a major accomplishment for me. I also did my 100 jacks in addition to my 25 minute cardio circuit. Go team thin to win! Yea!
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    Still having trouble with the water :( Just drank my 5th cup, only three more to go! Hopefully I can finish them, that's the only thing standing between me and completing the challenge today. Hey, if it was easy, it wouldn't be a challenge, right? :)