Where Do You Lose Fat First?

Options

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I know some people have said that you start to see the difference from the top down, but mainly I've seen a lot of change in my legs first, and only a little loss in my belly. How does it work for you? Do you think my belly will start to shrink soon?

My "girls"... unfortunately. That's the last place I gain weight too. :(
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i feel like the odd ball here, i've actually lost it in my stomach first, now thats what you call strange lol
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My face and neck. Which actually I'm happy about. My face is the first thing people see. And now I can have photos taken of my head, and since my collarbones are visible again, even though I'm technically still obese, I don't look it in head shots.
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amazingly , my belly. It's the first time I actually gained extra there. Normally I lose & gain pretty evenly everywhere.
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    In my face & my legs. My arms & belly still disgust me.

OMG this made me laugh! Sounds just like me :laugh:
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Shoulders..then.. belly...then. ....face....then.... arms..then...legs.....then... feet....then.... hands.....then..... butt :/
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I lose it pretty evenly. My face tummy and thighs are where I see it the most, though.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I lost all my fat from my arms first. Then my belly started losing some, and the last of the fat stores are my thighs and booty.
  • FluffyLadii
    FluffyLadii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think I lose in the one place I could use some weight/muscle....my butt. Next I would have to say my face but after that it's a guessing game
  • FluffyLadii
    FluffyLadii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think I lose in the one place I could use some weight/muscle....my butt. Next I would have to say my face but after that it's a guessing game
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    My legs look trimmer and some fat has come off my hips. I want my belly to go too!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I lost in my face, neck and upper body (rib cabe up), then switched to my lower body for a while (dropped pant sizes quickly) and now seems to be fairly evenly spread.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    this is my first time ever trying to lose weight so no former experience on where I loose first. But as of right now its been face , upper torso and now finnaly my hips seem to be getting smaller :) ( I`m a pear shape so my hips are a needed spot for me)
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    dp
  • Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose belly fat...up your protein and cut out all white processed foods (sugar, white bread, white rice, white pasta and cut out potatoes of any kind for 30 days) And CARDIO like crazy!!

Cut back about 1/2 on dairy.....

I have done that. and the only dairy I drink is skim milk and that's no more than 1-1/2 cups a day. (1/2 cup for morning tea, 1/2 cup for cereal lunch and sometimes 1/2 cup if I have another bowl. (yesterday was one of those days). I am just about into a size 12 from an (almost) size 18.

You can see the weight loss in my face, it's def. not as round. I still sort of have a double chin if my head is in certain positions. (Makes me keep my head up more, lol) Although I always carried 80% of my weight in my stomach and I still have most of it there. I could EASILY pass for 8 months pregnant at my heaviest. I know pass for 5/6 months pregnant if I'm not standing up straight. I have gone down from a Men's XXL shirt to a Men's XL shirt, but I still have to suck in a little to not see a bump.

Hey, all I know is I can comfortably sleep on my stomach again! :D
  • Shannibal
    Shannibal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My face was the first to start shrinking. Then my neck/shoulders area. Then came the legs. Now if i can only get my stomach to join in! lol
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm completely backwards. I lost in my waist and legs, then my face, then my arms. My arms are always the last place to let go of extra fat quickly, for whatever reason, and my waist lets go of extra fat pretty easily.
  • dailyorange
    Options
    Stomach, then my arms, and the last area for me is butts and thighs! Still working on them!
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose belly fat...up your protein and cut out all white processed foods (sugar, white bread, white rice, white pasta and cut out potatoes of any kind for 30 days) And CARDIO like crazy!!

Cut back about 1/2 on dairy.....

I have done that. and the only dairy I drink is skim milk and that's no more than 1-1/2 cups a day. (1/2 cup for morning tea, 1/2 cup for cereal lunch and sometimes 1/2 cup if I have another bowl. (yesterday was one of those days). I am just about into a size 12 from an (almost) size 18.

You can see the weight loss in my face, it's def. not as round. I still sort of have a double chin if my head is in certain positions. (Makes me keep my head up more, lol) Although I always carried 80% of my weight in my stomach and I still have most of it there. I could EASILY pass for 8 months pregnant at my heaviest. I know pass for 5/6 months pregnant if I'm not standing up straight. I have gone down from a Men's XXL shirt to a Men's XL shirt, but I still have to suck in a little to not see a bump.

Hey, all I know is I can comfortably sleep on my stomach again! :D

I cut out all processed whites (especially sugar) for about 2 months and did some core work and A LOT of cardio.. and my stomach just flew off! (but I still had my thighs & butt) I guess I gain first in my stomach & hips.. makes sense that it's the first to go. Although I did up my dairy a lot.. I didn't drink any milk, and then all of a sudden started drinking skim milk once or twice a day with my protein shakes on training days.
  • annafaith
    annafaith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's different for everybody. But you lose the fat in reverse order of how you put it on: the newest fat goes away first. When you lose fat you have the same number of fat cells, you are just shrinking them. So you are losing weight all over, but right now you are just seeing the biggest difference in your legs. Keep it up and it will come off.