September 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    So with my weight loss and lots of us in my department focusing on being healthy, the guys convinced me that going to the Police Academy and doing crossfit today would be a good idea. I probably won't be able to raise my arms to punch them in the face later. LOL :D

I've had 2 intense leg days with my PT this week I think he's trying to kill me LOL

• NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

9/3: 6.1k -Very easy-
    9/5: 15.4k -Long run-
    9/6: 12.2k -Easy-
    9/7: 14.4k -w/u, 3x1.6k T, 6x200m R, c/d-
    9/9: 9.2k -Easy-
    9/10: 12.7k -w/u, 4x200m R, 4x400m R, 4x200m R, c/d-
    9/11: 12k -w/u, Tempo, c/d-
    9/13: 8k -Easy run-
    9/14: 9.8k -3.2k w/u, 6x2min hard/1 min recovery, 3.2k c/d)

Goal: 99.9k/170k

Knee hurts today. Don't know the reason I didn't push it that much yesterday.. last shake off run today, tomorrow is the race.

Stay hydrated!

Upcoming races:
    9/16: 4th Kavala Night City Run 10k
    9/24: Xiropotamos Trail 2017 11k
    10/1: Voreia Sirris Challenge 23k
    10/15: Nestos Trail VFTU 10k
    11/26: 4th Democritus Half Marathon
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    30 minutes elliptical

exercise.png

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent lol You must take a break from technology every once in a while. Breathe the air get in tune with nature, don't worry about the numbers, just seize the day.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    28 minutes/2.61 miles today. Not terribly fast, but consistent throughout the run. 70 miles for the month is going to be tough for me to hit, but not out of the question.

exercise.png
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    *sigh* forgot my watch. Why should I even bother to run today since it will not mean anything with out the watch to tell me how slow and fat I am?

Without the watch reminding you that you're human, you can be the Flash! Run!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Orphia I wear my glasses running. I have prescription distance vision. Doesn't bother me at all. Or I'll just run with my no correction sunglasses. I do have some with correction, the sports type, and they don't fish bowl. I usually use them on the bike when I'm moving a bit faster and need to discern potential for falling haha!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 – 6 miles
    9/2 – rest day XC meet
    9/3 – 10 miles
    9/4 - 5 miles
    9/5 - rest day
    9/6 - 7 miles
    9/7 - 3 miles
    9/8 - 5 miles
    9/9 - rest day XC meet
    9/10 - 3 miles
    9/11 - 9.11 miles - Never Forget
    9/12 - nothing yet maybe rest day
    9/13 - 6 miles
    9/14 - 6 miles
    9/15 – 5 miles

65 of 100 miles

exercise.png

@runningmischka oh yes I remember those days! Skip’s friends ask why she has a 9:00 curfew during the week and she said because my mom likes to be in bed before then ha ha.

@garygse “and/or I fat-fingered the calculator, which is impressive because with all these miles, I'm not even remotely fat these days. “ this just cracked me up!

@5512bf “I think all the post run stretching and strength gains from running have help immensely.” I totally agree.

@angmarie28 sorry for all the fires, I can’t believe we around the country (at least not where I am) are not seeing more about this on the news. It’s heartbreaking. Take care of your health. Good luck Sunday!

@RespectTheKitty if you do the run right after school on Friday you probably won’t have a problem, with cross country meets on Saturday mornings early, not many schools except their kids to run Friday afternoons 

@Orphia I wear my glasses to run, but I didn’t when I first started. I would get scared because I thought someone was standing on the side of the road it would be a mailbox ha ha! I couldn’t tell a snake from a piece of rope, it was a mess. I finally got so tired of not being able to see my watch I started to wear them, it took a few weeks to get used to it but I’m glad I can see a car now before it hits me 

@cburke8909 that is the most wonderful thing I’ve ever seen. Moo-Nuts yummy

Feel better @elise4270

@NikolaosKey good luck tomorrow and hope the knees are okay

ha ha @PastorVincent I get pissed if I get up the street walking the dog without my watch, no pictures it never happened, no watch it never happened.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent How will you know later that you actually ran without something keeping track? How will you know how far you went or your pace? It seems to me that it is best to postpone the run until you have a device to tell you how good the run is.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 5.15
    9/5 - 3.04
    9/7 - 2.2
    9/9 - 6.2 (10k race day!)
    9/11 - 3.36
    9/12 - 2.87 (this is what my phone calculated, the hotel treadmill had it at just over 2m)
    9/13 - 3.0
    9/14 - REST
    9/15 - 30 minutes of cross train/core exercise DVD plus I'll do walking later.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @runningmischka life is truly good! Your post made me smile :) Enjoy your day.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @PastorVincent That pacing tat look very interesting...I may just order a couple; $5 with shipping isn't too much to try one out!

Let me know what you think! I am seriously thinking of getting one to try on a long run and see if I can hit the times with out too much stress.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    So I finally updated my TomTom and I have this new "fitness age" and "points" things. I really don't get it. I read through their site and it didn't really explain much. The goal is to get 100 points a day. I got 9 yesterday from my weight lifting session. I hit 10K steps but apparently that's not something that earns points. I ran the other night and got no points but all my older runs had huge points attached. Also, they told me I'm slow for my age (haha) and my fitness age is 12 years older than I really am.

This is the second time this week an app has told me I am not fit. I was doing my work health insur portal and I entered my weight and then it asked if I was planning to lose weight. That question wasn't there before. LOL

Anyway, does anyone else have the TomTom and know anything about the fitness age and points thing?