Moms birthday coming up - what to get her

Options
Khaliae
Khaliae Posts: 40 Member
My mother's birthday is this coming Thursday, and i have no clue as to what I should get her

Any suggestions?

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Get her a vacuum.
  • Khaliae
    Khaliae Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    .... I don't do kids o___o
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I took my mom out for a cheesy chick flick (her selection) and thrift shopping for random antique stuff.

Brought pizza to her house and a bunch of balloons.

She's a diva. I gave up my Saturday. This makes her really happy.
  • GailLee4
    GailLee4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How old is your mom? What about a framed, pinned butterfly or a locust with wings outstretched (they look like a Degas ballerina)? A book by her favorite author? Write a haiku and watercolor the background, then frame it. Locate a childhood chum and ask the chum to surprise your mother with a letter or phone call.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Khaliae wrote: »
    My mother's birthday is this coming Thursday, and i have no clue as to what I should get her

Any suggestions?
    Move out of her basement?
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    A fidget spinner
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Any suggestions?

Ask her what she would like.
    Think about what she likes to do.
    If she likes to cook she might like a new cookbook or cooking gadget. Maybe she would like a membership at a local museum. Tickets to a show or concert? If she likes wine what about some wine club- I've heard Winc advertised.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    .... I don't do kids o___o

Phrasing!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that if you're looking to Internet strangers to figure out what to get your own mother for her birthday, perhaps the gift of your time would be best.

I was thinking this as well.... then I thought: most everyone appreciates a good ol" fashioned reach-around.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that if you're looking to Internet strangers to figure out what to get your own mother for her birthday, perhaps the gift of your time would be best.

I was thinking this as well.... then I thought: most everyone appreciates a good ol" fashioned reach-around.

Maybe even a donkey punch if it's a big birthday!

For mom, I would expect nothing less.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    A male stripper? Hell who knows she might get a kick out of it. OR disown you...
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom, so I feel qualified to answer this.
    Gift certificate for a one hour massage and a mani/pedi.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    If I knew my kid was asking for advice from strangers on the internet on what to buy me, I would not pay his college tuition.