Appetite control

Options
2»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure you are eating enough calories.
    2. If you just started, it can take a week or so for your body to adjust. Consider starting with a smaller deficit and stepping up a little every week or two.
    3. Try to make sure you get some protein, some fat, and some fiber in every meal.
    4. Some people find caffeine can provide a little appetite supression, if you handle caffeine well.
    5. If I know I'm eating enough and feel hungry in between planned meals/snacks, I'll have a diet soda or a cup of tea or chew some gum to see if maybe I was just bored or snacky. If I'm still hungry, I'll have an extra 150 cal or so snack and chalk it up to biology being weird :lol:
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Mio in water, sparkling flavored water, any non-caloric beverage suppresses my appetite a little.. but that's just me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Protein. Fiber. Fat.

If I stay away from bread, that seems to help too.

Me too except carbs in general seem to stimulate my appetite. I limit most of them and exclude refined carbs most of the time.
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Foods rich in fiber seem to be helping me. For example today I tried 1 sliced of wheat bread toasted with almond butter, and half a sliced banana. Tasted good, filled me up, and didn't stress that it wasn't too good for me. I also drink lots of water or a nice hot cup of coffe/tea will quell hunger pangs in a pinch.